kukri or khukuri

Looking for a good maker of a kukri or khukuri without breaking the bank... What should I look for in this knife...

Do a search here on the forums. There is a huge amount of information on these interesting knives. I picked one up for about $65 as couple decades ago at a shop in Edmonton, Nepalese forged. There are quite a few knifemakers that make kukhris these days, but my preference is for one of the originals from Nepal.

Depends on your use for the machete , needs and desires . :)

There are very many different sizes , weights , blade and handle designs for different tasks and tastes . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m partial to Himalayan Imports, I have 5(which I nothing compared to some of the real collectors here). Incredible back story and a real mom and pop(Auntie and Uncle if you will) family business.

They have a sub forum and host sales here on BF. Do you research on what you want and what appeals to you. Generally when a khukuri is listed it is listed by blade length.

Kailash Blades! Got two and plenty happy with them.

I’ve also heard good things about the Kabar Machete Kukri. Fairly inexpensive mass-produced kukri.

W Warmvanillasuga what's your budget?
With a bit more information we might be able to guide you to the exact right khukuri for your needs.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash.

Back