Kukur Tihar Specail for 11/6 -- Pix and bargains

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Happy Kukur Tihar!

IEIqXxM.jpg

Group A

L to r

15.5 inch 12 ounce HI Wajaski Sword by Yuvraj. Horn handle. Perfect fit and finish. $75.

16 inch 16 ounce perfect match Tamang Knife by Kumar. Bamboo root handle. Super sharp edge. $100 even. *SOLD*

17 inch Limbuwan by Kumar. Dark satisal wood handle. Sharp and pointy blade! Very useful Knife at 95. *SOLD*

RUcWoWF.jpg

Group B
L to r

T & b

11.5 inch 10 ounce Kutunje my special by Lachhu. Satisal wood handle. Take this beauty home today at $80. *SOLD*

15 inch 18 ounce Ang Khola by Purna. Satisal wood handle. Perfect Knife for gentleman with a delicate hand at $100. *SOLD*

17 .5 inch 25 ounce officer model by Thamar. Satisal wood handle. Great Knife at $110. Pending

uMc43rs.jpg

Group C

T & b

15 inch 10 ounce Reti Knife by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. Lite and sharp Knife at $60.

21 inch 23 ounce Kobra by Ram Kumar. Lite and fast blade! Long grain mark on horn handle. Bonus buy at $80.

f7TRUzB.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS
11.5 inch 10 ounce Kutunje my special by Lachhu. Satisal wood handle. Take this beauty home today at $80.

That officer model sings. It's kind of a bawanna I'm a want you kind of a tune. I love Thamar!
I'll give it a few hours to give others a chance. I don't want to labeled a Khukri Hog even though I am one.

Everyone should have a Katunje too. Get one first chance you get. I know Mr. Bookie and I are rivals there as well.
Both were earthquake survivors, dug out of the rubble to be completed.
Mines only a tiny bit gooder than his. He does get credit for having Yangdu's name engraved in both. That was brilliant, especially for a corn patch resident.

16 inch 16 ounce perfect match Tamang Knife by Kumar. Bamboo root handle. Super sharp edge. $100 even.
Ems

Done deal

Last edited:
For those new to HI and Nepalese culture, Kukur means dog. Tihar means festival. Dogs are venerated on this day. Cool, no? Says this dog lover. This day is part of the 5-day Diwali celebrations. Happy Diwali all.

Everyone should have a Katunje too. Get one first chance you get. I know Mr. Bookie and I are rivals there as well.
Both were earthquake survivors, dug out of the rubble to be completed.
Mines only a tiny bit gooder than his. He does get credit for having Yangdu's name engraved in both. That was brilliant, especially for a corn patch resident.

That is very cool. Do you have any pictures of it?

My Katunje doesn't have the extra engraving like Bookie's, but it does have a Red Chandan handle, which you can't get anymore because that type of wood has been designated as an endangered species in Nepal. Mine is 13" long, 12 oz in weight, and was made by Kumar Kami. I got it in 2014 from another forumite, but I don't know how long before that it was made. Here's a picture:

Katunje13-Kumar12oz-RedChandan-01.jpg

For those new to HI and Nepalese culture, Kukur means dog. Tihar means festival. Dogs are venerated on this day. Cool, no? Says this dog lover. This day is part of the 5-day Diwali celebrations. Happy Diwali all.

I hear ya brother! (Note inscription)

37a14c7ad4a214ec182fa531f47e8e7d

Happy day for all Nepali dogs! Great looking Cheeto necklace. Wonder how long thats gonna last?

Yep, I read the inscription! Very cool. Kukur Sampark if I'm not mistaken. 'Doggie get-together'.

Email Sent. Just lets others here know your interested and sent Yangdu a request to buy.

Actually Expect Message Soon fits, the letters are all correct, just not in this case.

I personally like speaking in complete sentences. I work in law enforcement and codes and abbreviations drive me crazy.

Email Sent. Just lets others here know your interested and sent Yangdu a request to buy.

Actually Expect Message Soon fits, the letters are all correct, just not in this case.

I personally like speaking in complete sentences. I work in law enforcement and codes and abbreviations drive me crazy.

Understood! We deal with a lot of acronyms and abbreviations in my job too... sometimes I go home and just want to hear actual real words in complete thoughts and sentences! Drives my English teacher wife crazy too!

I recently sent an email to Yangdu to purchase the Wajaski sword from the HI Black Friday Sales DOTD.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/hi-black-friday-sales.1625465/
When I received the triangle box there was a nicely wrapped Christmas gift inside. I opened it to find the "15.5 inch 12 ounce HI Wajaski Sword by Yubraj Horn handle" from this post in the picture above. It is a perfect match for the 26" one that I bought. In fact, I actually prefer the feel of this mini wajaski. I easily cut a milk jug of water in one swipe like butter. This is one of the blades the wife actually gets jealous of because I stare at it too much.

Mini Wajaski and a Butterfly Sword

Last edited:
Nice! I would think the 15.5" would be a neat size to play with. Id use it camping for a kitchen knife or for cleaning catfish and whackin taters but theres prolly plenty of uses. I got me a butterfly sword too a while back and was pleasantly surprised at how nicely they are balanced. I bet the butterfly would slice through them jugs like butter too! Good snag Eric! Grats man!

Back