Kumar Kami is Back!

the slug of metal that is a finger guard is also weight at the center? also is this raj kumar or kumar kumar?

Is this an answer to the "Balance" question? If yes I'm referring to these:
5-24-14007_zps304bf044.jpg
and this
5-23-14001_zpse12dd46e.jpg

woops, thought you were talking about that guard thingy, love the fishy sheath-- no idea why its called a balance , but it looks like a high quality blade regardless

but it looks like a high quality blade regardless

Yeah I clearly see where you get that idea. I just can't own them all at the same time. :)

I have a feeling that the "Balance" will be back as opposed to the Super CAK which looks like a beautiful oddity beast.

I got the done deal email this morning for the balance. I have never been more eager to send money to someone I've never met :D

Well if that works out good for ya my friend, I'm available to receive money anytime 24/7. We've never met but I do this as a public service.

Well if that works out good for ya my friend, I'm available to receive money anytime 24/7. We've never met but I do this as a public service.

Aperdue I can vouch for Bawanna. Your money will be in very good hands :)

At least for a little bit. Me and money never seem to stay together for any length of time seems like.

Thanks for the vouch.

woops, thought you were talking about that guard thingy, love the fishy sheath-- no idea why its called a balance , but it looks like a high quality blade regardless

I would love it if that were the case. I came in too late for that one, but it was the ideal target, exactly what I'm looking for in my first. Another long bladed Chiruwa pops up like that fish model and I'm all over it.

They are called balance knives because the balance point is in the very center, and the knife will balance/sit level on a tree branch, etc.

(Non-H.I. knife pictured)

IMG_1869_zps145e2713.jpg~original

Wow, should have kept following this thread. Nice score whoever gets that Super CAK..............

Wow, should have kept following this thread. Nice score whoever gets that Super CAK..............

A mystery shark got the first one here and I snatched the other one Auntie had in stock. I can't wait to feel it in hands.

Kumar Kami

Kumar is holding the 25'' Sirupati and 25'' Kobra

Sher the (Tiger) is Kumar's oldest brother. Now Sher return to Birgorkha and he will make the outstanding Knife and Sword.

Kumar and Sher holding 25 inch Sirupati and Tibetan Sword

Cool, love those pictures! Glad to see one of your finest craftsman come home.

That 25" Siru looks like a nice piece...............gah I don't need a third one of those though, that's for sure. I need to stop looking at it.

Now did I hear that right! Sher is coming back? Hot dog!!! Man this is getting good!

4-18-14002_zpsf5a34a6a.jpg

Ya see fellas;)

Beautiful Sword by the way!

Good to see two of our much missed kamis returning to the family!
These guys are awesome craftsmen and outstanding producers.
Maybe things will be looking better this year on the business end. The last couple of years have been trying, to say the least, and I'm sure I don't know the 1/2 of it.

Good to see two of our much missed kamis returning to the family!
These guys are awesome craftsmen and outstanding producers.
Maybe things will be looking better this year on the business end. The last couple of years have been trying, to say the least, and I'm sure I don't know the 1/2 of it.

As someone who has only been around these parts for about two years it does seem like there has been a lot going on. Political upheaval in Nepal, switching to a new location, lots of kamis coming and going, etc.

I hope sales have still been strong at least, would hate to see all of this come to an end.

As someone who has only been around these parts for about two years it does seem like there has been a lot going on. Political upheaval in Nepal, switching to a new location, lots of kamis coming and going, etc.

I hope sales have still been strong at least, would hate to see all of this come to an end.

AFAIK, sales have been so strong that it's hard to keep stock on hand, but stock shipments have been less.
IIRC, not too long ago Auntie ended up selling the cupboards almost bare trying to keep up with sales, now it's fighting to get the stock built up again. That's why some models may be unavailable at the time ordered. Hopefully, Auntie is getting stocked up and with these two fine producers shortages won't be a problem.

Back