Kumar's M-43, PK and CAK for 9/13

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
18 inch 31 ounce M-43 by Kumar. Sadan wood handle. Standard leather sheath. Usual fine work by Kumar. $199.

16 inch 29 ounce Chiruwa Ang Khola by Kumar. Sadan wood handle. Western style leather sheath. Strong and steady rig for your collection at $195. *SOLD*

12.5 inch 11 ounce Pen Knife by Kumar. Beautiful neem wood handle. Leather sheath. $118. *SOLD*

h6eBy2B.jpg

iRQEfSF.jpg

L to r

9 3/8 inch 12 ounce Sikari (hunting) Knife by Manoj. Chiurwa style satisal wood handle. $85. *SOLD*

8.5 inch 11 ounce Suga Knife by Manoj. Satisal wood handle. Leather sheath. $95.

14 3/8'' 20 ounce Villager Utility Knife by Anil. Nice and sharp edge. While sitting in the khukuri shed the wood handle developed small crack. $35. *SOLD*

TAbvP0f.jpg

k1gm19C.jpg

vmyzog6.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order any or all
First come first served

Last edited:
Dibs on the Villager Utility Knife (email sent earlier).

Edit: Sold

Last edited:
Wow! That Sikari is pretty interesting.

sure is... kinda a hybrid wharncliff seax....with a touch of over sized straight razor thrown in?......

..... /ponder

not a terribly user friendly handle however by the looks of it...but I've been wrong before... the old Cold Steel AK47 knife had that same kind of squared off handle, and it sold a million units....

... not a terribly user friendly handle however by the looks of it...but I've been wrong before... the old Cold Steel AK47 knife had that same kind of squared off handle, and it sold a million units....

You just can't tell from a picture. Last year I got a large Kumar Karda with a thick, squared off handle that looked pretty clunky, but it turned out to be very comfortable in the hand. Even without the usual sexy curves, the proportions were just right, and of course the edges were rounded off. What I like about HI and its kamis in general is that they really know what they are doing, and more likely than not the odd-looking handle on the Sikari Knife will be a lot better than it looks.

I remember I once followed Pala's style and left a handle rather square looking, it really felt good in hand, kind of surprised me.

I remember I once followed Pala's style and left a handle rather square looking, it really felt good in hand, kind of surprised me.
I think that's the one I was just talking about. It was posted in May 2017 with a description that mentioned you and Pala. You checkered the flat sides in a diamond pattern. I recall that when it arrived my first thought was that the handle was too square, but as you say, it felt really good in hand. The blade is real nice, too, hollow-forged on both sides with the usual convex edge.

upload_2019-9-13_23-40-2.png

Last edited:
Could very well be. The photo isn't too clear on my end but I do now recall you getting one that I had fixed up a bit.

Didn't realize there's a second one Shikari (or Sikari). This one an ounce heavier.

oh, this one is gone.

Last edited:
Back