KUR New LionSteel knife 2016

KUR is available on the LionSteel website for pre-order now!

https://www.lionsteel.it/n/en/product/1735/kur_mt

SPECIFICATIONS

• Overall length: 210 mm. - 8.27 in.
  • Blade length: 87 mm. - 3.43 in.
  • Blade thickness: 4.5 mm. - 0.18 in.
  • Net weight: 175 gr. - 6.17 oz.
  • Handle: Aluminium or G-10
  • Blade steel: Sleipner 60-61 HRC

PRICING

• KUR ALUMINUM METAMORPHOSIS: €190.00 = $213.93
  • KUR TEXTURED ALUMINUM GRIP: €186.00 = $209.43
  • KUR G-10 BLACK: € 176.00 = $198.17
  • KUR G-10 GREEN: €176.00 = $198.17
  • KUR G-10 ORANGE: €176.00 = $198.17

This one is missing on the website. Will it be available?

It looks like the Textured Aluminum Grip model was removed from the website!

They added two more G-10 models with black stonewashed blade and black or brown G-10 for €190.00 ($213.93).

Any update as to when the Kur will be released? The Lionsteel website says 7 days should I start counting down? Any final pictures with the pocket clip?

Oh yeah, and maybe a picture of the Kur and the TRE side by side?

Lionsteel posted a video about the KUR: :):thumbup:
[video=youtube;mzvispHlBnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvispHlBnA[/video]

Mail call:
tumblr_o6yvia0vnR1sibzg9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6yvia0vnR1sibzg9o2_1280.jpg

lionSTEEL KUR

Comparison:
tumblr_o6yvia0vnR1sibzg9o3_r1_1280.jpg

Beautiful knife, congratulations. Thanks for posting, the TRE/Kur comparison was exactly what I wanted to see.

Congrats!
How's the flipping action in general and compared to the TRE in particular?

You need to make the pull backwards motion. It flies open and it 'clacks' into the lock like a true Lionsteel. Pushing down does not work, the detent is quite strong. It always flies open when putting pressure on the right place. You can really feel the weight of the blade of the KUR compared to the

The fit and finish is really nice. I really like the details; Wire pocket clip hides in the backspacer (which is Titanium in a nicely coloured smoke grey), the stainless steel liners are hidden in the G10 which has been milled out.

Beautiful knife, congratulations. Thanks for posting, the TRE/Kur comparison was exactly what I wanted to see.

My pleasure!

Finally, I placed my order for one in black G10 yesterday from a European site. 2-4 more days to go!

I've now had the knife in my hand for less than an hour and have no hesitation saying it's a beautiful, solid knife. The liner is perfectly nested inside the the contoured G10 scales and is hollowed out in some places. The G10 is textured just as it is on the TRE providing a firm grip, although not quite as grippy as Emerson's scales. The blade is engaged smoothly and fast with less effort than the TRE which is likely due to the increased weight of the blade as both run on bearings. Lockup is solid with no blade play in any direction. I love the way the lock bar is perfectly aligned with the scale and it seamlessly disengages. The spacer is smooth titanium and extends from liner to liner with no space left between as on the TRE–which is an observation not a complaint. I've only had the opportunity for light use in the short time I've had it, but it cut through some cardboard packing effortlessly–although it was somewhat unnecessary to open the cardboard with a knife, but with a brand new knife in my pocket I couldn't resist. The pocket clip is wire but is nice and stiff not unlike the clip on the Sage. The jimping on the handle just before the spine is minimal but sufficient and each of the three grooves cut through both the liner and the G10 line up. The blade came sharp and the full-flat grind is immaculate, complemented by the rounded spine. The secondary bevel is well-executed and more-or-less even and meets the flipper with a choil recessed to a depth of about ¼ inch from the cutting edge. If I can tear myself from this nice comfortable arm chair to go do some yard work perhaps I can put it some good use tonight.

I've now had the knife in my hand for less than an hour and have no hesitation saying it's a beautiful, solid knife. The liner is perfectly nested inside the the contoured G10 scales and is hollowed out in some places. The G10 is textured just as it is on the TRE providing a firm grip, although not quite as grippy as Emerson's scales. The blade is engaged smoothly and fast with less effort than the TRE which is likely due to the increased weight of the blade as both run on bearings. Lockup is solid with no blade play in any direction. I love the way the lock bar is perfectly aligned with the scale and it seamlessly disengages. The spacer is smooth titanium and extends from liner to liner with no space left between as on the TRE–which is an observation not a complaint. I've only had the opportunity for light use in the short time I've had it, but it cut through some cardboard packing effortlessly–although it was somewhat unnecessary to open the cardboard with a knife, but with a brand new knife in my pocket I couldn't resist. The pocket clip is wire but is nice and stiff not unlike the clip on the Sage. The jimping on the handle just before the spine is minimal but sufficient and each of the three grooves cut through both the liner and the G10 line up. The blade came sharp and the full-flat grind is immaculate, complemented by the rounded spine. The secondary bevel is well-executed and more-or-less even and meets the flipper with a choil recessed to a depth of about ¼ inch from the cutting edge. If I can tear myself from this nice comfortable arm chair to go do some yard work perhaps I can put it some good use tonight.

So I guess the knife is kinda OK then? :p Glad it worked out so well.

KUR Metamorphosis is now available at BladeHQ for $189.95.

lionsteel-kur-mt-cm.jpg

lionsteel-kur-mt-side-cm.jpg

lionsteel-kur-metamorphosis-cm.jpg

lionsteel-kur-mt-spine-cm.jpg

The G-10 models in OD Green, Black and Orange are available fro $169.95.

The aluminum is over 6 ounces but the G10 is under. Gianni answered that already at the beginning of this thread:
Weight of G10 158 gr
Weight of AL 176 gr
Which translates to 5.57 ounces for the G10 and 6.2 ounces for the aluminum. However, I just weighed my G10 version on the kitchen scale and it weighed 5.8 ounces. Not sure were the difference is from, I did add lubricant when I cleaned it. Maybe that explains the different weights.

1 ounce really doesn't make much of a difference

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Back