KUR New LionSteel knife 2016

Is it really over 6 oz?
Russ

Metamorphosis is over 6 ounces at 6.2 ounces.

G-10 under 6 ounces.

It's a thick 0.18 inches blade.

I don't know if the handles have been skeletonized for some weight savings.

1 ounce really doesn't make much of a difference

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

That is subjective. It wouldn't stop me from carrying a knife I was in love with but an ounce is noticeable to be sure.
I can tell the difference between my pistol loaded with 165 gr vs 200 gr bullets and that only a couple ounces.
Russ

The liners have been skeletonized and as they are nested are smaller than the scales to begin with.

[video=youtube;S1gUfoAefJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gUfoAefJg[/video]
[video=youtube;TP-LUPK8A-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-LUPK8A-M[/video]

Last edited:
Congratulations to LionSteel.

2016 Blade Show Overall Knife Of The Year®: Lionsteel – Metamorphosis

I ordered my KUR Metamorphosis from a European dealer on Thursday and it was shipped yesterday so I should get it late next week. Love innovative stuff!

kur_mt.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;heIFM7lz_Ng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIFM7lz_Ng[/video]

Is this camo metamorphosis a limited run? I'm considering buying two. However, I'm STILL waiting on Knifecenter to get in my pre-order and they are sold out at BladeHQ...sheesh.

Is this camo metamorphosis a limited run? I'm considering buying two. However, I'm STILL waiting on Knifecenter to get in my pre-order and they are sold out at BladeHQ...sheesh.

Knifecenter, don't even get me started...

If you can find it someplace else buy it from there instead. Trust me. ;)

Yep, ordered from GPKnives, $30 bucks cheaper too. I may get two. I'd love to see other camo designs in future or hell send them your own design...

Received my KUR Metamorphosis just now. That was fast! It shipped from Finland on Friday.

GREAT flipper action. Puts the TRE to shame in that department.

The handle color changing is really cool. It goes from black to camo upon heat.

Overall fit and finish are excellent. Very nice FFG crowned blade.

The Metamorphosis is heavy at 6.30 ounces for a 3.43” blade. The G-10 is 5.7 ounces.

Also, it’s kind of wide but not as wide as the SR-1 and TM-1.

Very competitive pricing.

It's a well-deserved win for LionSteel. You'll really appreciate in hand.

Received my KUR Metamorphosis just now. That was fast! It shipped from Finland on Friday.

GREAT flipper action. Puts the TRE to shame in that department.

The handle color changing is really cool. It goes from black to camo upon heat.

Overall fit and finish are excellent. Very nice FFG crowned blade.

The Metamorphosis is heavy at 6.30 ounces for a 3.43” blade. The G-10 is 5.7 ounces.

Also, it’s kind of wide but not as wide as the SR-1 and TM-1.

Very competitive pricing.

It's a well-deserved win for LionSteel. You'll really appreciate in hand.

Thats great to hear. I have no interest in the changing handle, but the g10 model is calling my name

Ramzar - Why the European order strategy? Maybe dealers get them faster from Italy? Isn't shipping cost painful?

I wrote a very review-like post on the previous page of this thread if that helps. I wrote that shortly after receiving it. Having used it more since then, one thing I really appreciate about the Kur is the thicker than usual handles complete with contoured G10. It really fills the hand hand in a way that my other similarly sized folding knife, the ZT0562, doesn't. I did have some rust spots appear on the blade after using the knife in a wet environment. I took it apart and there was some rust around the pivot. The rust quickly disappeared after cleaning it with some CLP. That's what I get for using tool steel working on my pool.

Back