KUR New LionSteel knife 2016

In a nutshell, stop telling manufacturers that every knife needs to be lighter because they dont, buy the ones that fit you, like you said, cause by telling them to anorexitize every knife your essentially eliminating the knives that fit me.

KUR Metamorphosis with clip had been discontinued in favor of one without clip and with a leather sheath!

Check this post by a LionSteel dealer:

We have everything but the Brown and Metamorphosis handles in stock at the moment. It's my understanding that the metamorphosis model may not be produced anymore due to some problems with the finish.

Here's KUR Metamorphosis without clip and with a leather sheath:

kur-d.jpg

Last edited:
Per the other thread, I emailed Lionsteel as well about getting a sheath on 7/13/2016 and have not heard back. Even translated the email to Italian. I'll post if/when I hear anything. Maybe this knife will end up more of a collector's items with some of these issues!

I prefer the earth brown G10 but owners of the version with the morfing colors should consider it a nice collector's item.

I applaud LS for making a needed fix. But it does seem that eliminating the clip is a quick and dirty way to go about doing it.

My KUR Metamorphosis had the coating under the clip on one side a tiny bit gone from day one. One side of the clip is real tight. I think the Metamorphosis coating is very susceptible to scratches with bits of the coating coming off. Carrying it without a clip and in a sheath removes some of that susceptibility. I don't consider the clip version of Metamorphosis a collectors' edition.

I would want just the camo itself no changing lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I received a nice leather sheath from LionSteel for my KUR Metamorphosis. This way I can carry my KUR Metamorphosis without the clip which has managed to remove a small spec of coating. I had requested the sheath and it was sent at no charge via FedEx Express International.

Are the bearings captured...or loose like IKBS? It appears that the logo is not an actual IKBS logo, so I assume it is just "similar" to IKBS. If anyone can clear this up, definitively...that would be great. I have a KUR on the way and would love to know what I'm dealing with before I open it up.

I love the KUR. The longer I have it the more I like it. I've really grown to like the Sleipner steel, and the flat grind has excellent cutting capabilities. However there are times when I carry the KUR in conditions where it gets exposed to perspiration and the rust comes on. So for me, I would love to use a Sleipner KUR in the cooler months, and a KUR in M390 or Elmax during the hotter months of the year.

I also love the Kur.
(It was one of my few larger knives that a thief didn't take recently.)

I have had no issues with the steel. But I do not understand using non-stainless in knives that may be used to brave the elements. (Is there really any other kind?)

I recommend a product called Aegis Solutions EDCI Knife Care Every Day Corrosion Inhibitor for all knives, but especially on steel that isn't stainless.

I also love the Kur.
(It was one of my few larger knives that a thief didn't take recently.)

I have had no issues with the steel. But I do not understand using non-stainless in knives that may be used to brave the elements. (Is there really any other kind?)

I recommend a product called Aegis Solutions EDCI Knife Care Every Day Corrosion Inhibitor for all knives, but especially on steel that isn't stainless.

I haven't had major problems with rust on the KUR, but then again I haven't pushed it's limits by clipping it to my swim trunks and gone snorkeling. The primary issue for me is moisture collecting on the blade while its in my pocket. It becomes out of sight, out of mind. I always carry a knife with me, and if it is hot enough and I am active enough that pocket can get a little moist especially on the Florida coast. I've never had any problems with M390, Elmax, S30V, or S35VN having rust issues unless under extreme circumstances(like ocean water). If I don't wipe down the KUR's Sleipner blade after it has collected moisture in my pocket it is rusty by the end of the day. Usually I will wipe it down with a rust inhibitor in the morning, but my KUR gets used a lot during the day so that inhibitor has been wiped away by the afternoon. My KUR's stonewashed finish has long been rubbed away to a mirror polish as it gets cleaned with steel wool and Flitz on occasion.

Again, I love the properties of Sleipner steel which are very similar to a good carbon steel, but in an EDC folder I am leaning towards a steel with just a tad more rust resistance(a precisely heat treated folder in S35VN feels like the sweet spot for me now days). Sleipner is my number one choice in a big fixed blade, but my folders are always cutting up food and are clipped to my shorts when I go running.

Back