KW CF/M4 Para2 Exclusive

This is my first knife with the carbon fiber, is it just me or is the knife a little bit lighter than standard g10 ?

Also I absolutely love the look of the carbon fiber scales

I will definitely try and grab some more knifes with the CF in the future

This is my first knife with the carbon fiber, is it just me or is the knife a little bit lighter than standard g10 ?

Also I absolutely love the look of the carbon fiber scales

I will definitely try and grab some more knifes with the CF in the future

According to Knifeworks it is .05oz lighter, being 3.7oz vs 3.75oz for the g-10. On paper it may not seem like much, but I can feel a difference as well.

It's not a perfect grind on mine but looks great

Just another justification for wicked edge

And it's shaving sharp and will slowly slice paper easily

Last edited:
Mine came on Friday and I haven't even got a chance to play with it yet.

I gave it quick visual inspection and it's a real fine piece. Dead-on centering, vault lockup, meticulously ridiculously sharp.

Carbon fiber sprints are the funnest, especially in tool, bearing, or HSS steels! Great job Sal & Company. :thumbup:

cholulam4monday_zpsbga5nfoq.jpg

Got mine in time for M4 monday!

Two classic knives.

Well at least one made it to NZ.
Nice smooth action and lock, centering just slightly off. I like the grippiness of the CF, better than I expected.
Pretty happy with this :thumbup:

DSC00457_zpslejwhtsf.jpg

DSC00460_zpsu97plxie.jpg

I'm curious - what causes the blade to be off center? The ones I have that are off center are to the left, the opposite of Cursum's. I once received a Military that was so far to the left that it rubbed on the inside of the scale when you opened it. I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement that has been perfectly centered over thousands of openings.

Not sure what causes that.
Of my 7 Para2s this is only the 2nd that wasn't dead center out of the box.
The other was my S110V, it came a bit off center and the action a bit stiff.
But then I pulled the blurple off it and fitted the RGT scales, and when I had it back together it was mint in every way. Maybe something to do with wiping all the parts with an oily rag while it was apart, though I didn't see any grit or anything in there.

I've you've one in NZ I'm hopeful that mine in soon to be in Australia.....

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Got mine.
Can you all help a rookie out? What is the best way to deal with this M4??? Leave it alone? Oil? Don't worry about it? Promote it.

HELP and thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got mine.
Can you all help a rookie out? What is the best way to deal with this M4??? Leave it alone? Oil? Don't worry about it? Promote it.

HELP and thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All of the above. Personal choice.

I'm curious - what causes the blade to be off center? The ones I have that are off center are to the left, the opposite of Cursum's. I once received a Military that was so far to the left that it rubbed on the inside of the scale when you opened it. I sent it back to Amazon and got a replacement that has been perfectly centered over thousands of openings.

There are a number of different possibilities. In some cases the blade grind might be asymmetrical. In others it might be minor variations in the part tolerances.

I think the most common thing is that loctite spills out of the pivot bushing and gets lodged in the parts somehow. I had a PM2 that was off center, and after taking apart and cleaning all the surfaces it was much better.

According to Knifeworks it is .05oz lighter, being 3.7oz vs 3.75oz for the g-10. On paper it may not seem like much, but I can feel a difference as well.

I think the difference is a bit more than .05oz
Spyderco site has the G10 Para 2 listed at 3.9oz
I haven't weighed them, but I would think the difference would be about .2oz

Like you, I can definitely feel the difference. Same with the CF Military's.

One cause is warped blades. This is rare but it does happen. In the last 15 years I've owned two Benchmade knives and two Spyderco knives that had visibly warped blades, confirmed by disassembling the knife and putting the blade on a machinist's straight edge. As I said, rare, but definitely occurs. I'm not saying any of the reports above were warped blades.

I just received my M4 today after sitting on the fence. No snags on the QC so it's a keeper. One question I have is this: the scales are noticeably rougher than my CTS-204P. Anyone have experience smoothing the scales out a bit? Any particular grit of sand paper? Wet or dry sanding?

1c42eaf124d670ed08d029ae6f733b2f.jpg

I think the difference is a bit more than .05oz
Spyderco site has the G10 Para 2 listed at 3.9oz
I haven't weighed them, but I would think the difference would be about .2oz

Like you, I can definitely feel the difference. Same with the CF Military's.

On my scale for those curious:

Digicamo G10 S30V 3.870 oz
CF M4 3.800 oz
Jade G10 M4 3.935 oz

I just received my M4 today after sitting on the fence. No snags on the QC so it's a keeper. One question I have is this: the scales are noticeably rougher than my CTS-204P. Anyone have experience smoothing the scales out a bit? Any particular grit of sand paper? Wet or dry sanding?

If you dry sand them make sure you use a respirator mask, not just a dust mask.

I would love to sand them smooth, glossy with rounded edges. Like this. But I doubt I will.
1d1181cb27f54bef38d1958fff5cd74a.jpg

Last edited:
With my experience most of my carried G10 blades smooth out with use but if you don't want to wait just take a little 600 grit to it. It'll be more forgiving than a lower grit.

Back