KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

Good Lord! I already have four of these beauties, but at $199.95 shipped, it looks like I will end up with six, based on the order confirmation email that I just received. It is definitely the best instantiation of the Military.

It seems like we're reaching the last batch and the end of this iteration. Just ordered my 2nd one as it's a can't go wrong scenario. Here's to hoping that I'll get another perfect one like my first one ordered on the very first day, the first hour and the very first minute of this KWE offering on 5/03/2017 :D

Last edited:
Anybody know how this compares to the KW M4 framelock Military from several years back? Specifically, the M4 Millie was pretty stiff in opening, almost gritty too. Is this one smoother and less stiff feeling?

Also, anybody know if the blade can be swapped for a blade from an all G10 Millie, say a Cruwear for instance?

Eating crow here. Tried to marinate it, but still tastes like crap.

Had to get this one at the current price. Looking forward to it!

Also, anybody know if the blade can be swapped for a blade from an all G10 Millie, say a Cruwear for instance?

No to the Cruwear. In general, it will swap, but you’ll need a CQI version with the larger pivot.

Anybody know how this compares to the KW M4 framelock Military from several years back? Specifically, the M4 Millie was pretty stiff in opening, almost gritty too. Is this one smoother and less stiff feeling?

no grit at all. if you do, send it back for a replacement or warranty repairs.

this is the newer cqi version so its improved over the old.

because its cqi the blades won't be cross compatible with older models. not sure the exact models will work as I haven't done any swaps... but then again I only have this Millie and a cqi liner lock Millie... and I need another torx driver to remove the screws since they are free spinning (and I'm being lazy).

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of clips at all. So I remove them from all of my knives.

I'd like a nylon/cordura type sheath that carries hatizontal with Velcro closure. But with the Military being 5.5" long , it's hard to find that big a sheath. I've been looking.

Check out a brand called stealth gear, they make a couple nylon and elastic soft pouches for horizontal belt carry.
I got one or two to try out and it fits a benchmade auto just fine, never tried the military though.

My M4 is still pretty sweet after all these years. It is stiffer than the linerlocks, but the action is smooth and I can easily flick it.

I’ve ordered the new version, and I am anticipating the lock to be as stiff as this one once it’s broken in, which is still easy to operate and perfectly fine. The extra weight and stiffer lock give it a more robust feeling than the linerlocks. I like the CQI changes and action on the 204P and 52100 I have. Looking forward to receive its brother from KW soon.

Last edited:

I’m gonna put my cruwear blade in my all Ti millie, since they’re the same gen(once I get time and overcome my laziness with regard to opening up folders). The blade on this one is almost as good as the s110v(not that I can tell the difference) since it’s got a little bit less vanadium but is lacking in one element, is it niobium, I think? I can tell the difference between this and s30v, with regard to cutting and sharpening. This one takes a few more passes with each diafold, and stays sharp about a week longer for me.

Has spyderco made, or will they make, an military with both sides carbon fiber?

So with all the supposed buyers throughout this thread, not ONE person has taken the time to write a review on the Knifeworks site for this knife.

Why is that?

OK, I'm in. I just took the plunge and just ordered one. I was on the sidelines forever, always tempted but knew the price would drop at some point... and this is probably as low as she goes before going out of stock.

I also had been debating the CTS-204P KW exclusive vs the CF / Ti S90V - and with the prior $60ish dollar price difference the debated last for a while.... but at this price, debate over....

But you know how it is, I may buy the 204P anyway, or wait for another Sprint.

... But you know how it is, ...

Yeah... I no longer know what you're talking about.

It was little different for me. I had the 204P, and was waiting for a sprint instead of this one. Well, at this price, what can I say.

yGwJTEBh.jpg

0oqdnWth.jpg

Last edited:
Good Lord! I already have four of these beauties, but at $199.95 shipped, it looks like I will end up with six, based on the order confirmation email that I just received. It is definitely the best instantiation of the Military.

I’m glad someone got at least one more than I did, makes me feel a little less...nuts! I was planning to get a KW exclusive benchmade the day I saw this sale price, and, well I’ll still buy the benchmade later.

Back