KW Exclusive Military CF/Ti S90V + CQI Improvements

IMO the hobby it self may have changed a bit.
S90v has now been used in production knives for 20+ years.
Microtech was one of the 1st. M390? A solid 10 years. 204 is often touted as "Just as good as M390". Same steel more or less.
So thats not much of a sales pitch. Was less $$$ yrs ago, and had an impact. Now? Not sure.
When was the last time you have seen a LE sell out in preorder, weeks or months prior to shipping?
That used to be somewhat common with a home run LE.
Another factor, is Co's have caught on. Some may not be as eager to give a good run to a shop, when they can just do it themselves. See BM, near zero new outside LE's these days. Possibly zero....

Was a lot of fun when the limited run hobby was somewhat limited........... Saturation? So many really nice knives being sold at the same time may also be an issue. Who knows............
Just a few thoughts on the subject.

View attachment 931812

Knifeworks has one, in two different colors. The contego in m390

Knifeworks has one, in two different colors. The contego in m390
That's not a Limited Edition. KW's can order as many of those as they want for as long as they want, as long as BM continues makes the Contego. If it goes discontinued then that will end.
The only thing "limited" about those is that they are exclusive to KW's and the only one that can sale them.

That's not a Limited Edition. KW's can order as many of those as they want as long as they want, or as long as BM makes the Contego.
The only thing "limited" about those is that KW's is the only one that can sell them.

Ok. So I should have said “exclusive,” right? I think the Ti/cf was both an exclusive and and LE, there being only 1200 made. I’m glad you corrected my post, because that BM is on my list of knives to buy this year, and I hope they don’t run out.

Yes, I spec'd that one 5 yrs ago. lol lol Not new......... Its almost a production knife now. Unlimited / limited. Started out os a LE. Then open order for more...

"Knifeworks has one, in two different colors. The contego in m390"

Good things do come to those who wait. At $200, I couldn't pass this one up.
I have been looking at this knife for months and months. I am always surprised it's not sold out, but the same thing happened with BladeHQ's sprint on the Para2 M4. The Para2 sold out quick and the Military took weeks to sell out. Anyway, I finally pulled the trigger on one. It will go nicely with my 2 Manix2 XL in S90V and my 2 Manix LW in S90V.

With the Millie, I always assume that special versions sell more slowly because the blade length means that it's not legal to carry in as many places as shorter models.

With the Millie, I always assume that special versions sell more slowly because the blade length means that it's not legal to carry in as many places as shorter models.

Idk what the official sales figures are, but I assume the pm2 outsells the Millie by at least 2 to one. The longer handle may be an issue as well. But my collection is 10 to 1 on the Millie.

It's definitely worth owning. Especially at $200.

But I admit that think I prefer the G10 w/ liner lock versions better.

That loud "thwack" of the liner lock slamming into place coupled with its lighter weight makes it more appealing to me.

I don't own the blurple G10/S110V version. But that may change over the next hour or so :)

It's definitely worth owning. Especially at $200.

But I admit that think I prefer the G10 w/ liner lock versions better.

That loud "thwack" of the liner lock slamming into place coupled with its lighter weight makes it more appealing to me.

I don't own the blurple G10/S110V version. But that may change over the next hour or so :)

What about the rex 45?

^^ I've seen talk about that one here. Looks interesting. But is Rex 45 a carbon steel? I usually stick with stainless. I'll have to Google it.

^^ I've seen talk about that one here. Looks interesting. But is Rex 45 a carbon steel? I usually stick with stainless. I'll have to Google it.

4% chromium. Less than cruwear, but enough ime to give a steel some stain resistance. The only steel I own that I can compare it to is hap40. I live in a humid area, but not salty, and to me cruwear and hap40 are practically stainless. I hear spyderco has hardened these to an average of 66 rc.

4% chromium. Less than cruwear, but enough ime to give a steel some stain resistance. The only steel I own that I can compare it to is hap40. I live in a humid area, but not salty, and to me cruwear and hap40 are practically stainless. I hear spyderco has hardened these to an average of 66 rc.
66? Now I'm curious. Damn you :)

Unless you really hate burnt orange scales, then you might lose interest. To me, it’s the only orange I care for ina knife.
I like the burnt orange color. I'm just not a fan of patina on blades. So we'll see.

Wow, I didn't even realize that the Military model had improvements made. This Ti /Carbon Fiber version just keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: Mo2
Back