Kwaiken folder........

Good evening everyone. Does anyone have any experience with the Kwaiken folder? I'm debating on purchasing it. Thank you.

It slices well, has an aggressive tip, and is pretty pocket friendly. The straight handle makes it comfortable for most hand sizes and grip styles. The large finger choil on the handle provides nice access to the thumb disk, but I added a larger thumb disk to make opening a bit easier. A good alternative to the Gentleman Jim or A100.

y4mvrNJREEaQZh654RCJtp9e4AvMShyGtPY0PdHhNvhxjNoaHrrZmbUhgdojQYNZx_EU1vgAhQx2whQGL5iVKtlaDinOtMIDPcwtsjVWpNb74ro1YTH8tMqI5tm1h65FlmZjnaogsMGj9Xym8s58ImO0u5TSv9v_T19e-pIi_qigSM3gIqkeU0joKqwzNw9bgFyCIva0ncuETFYu_ZYkziEYA

y4m8TKL_zwbY9KMwBA0eIn0tPGOHuNoU1L6v7RXoKfME50dOvfQZ2lyWgmaFUDuqoKKKbZ58W_tB8XSpYsK0rvyWo7TAL0EuJj083Ed4nYcAXOpnpNf3YxDL40h-1pdZkJAc-9-yMCSk41moDI5du4KOmjjBWu8Sp3pbTpnjHQdtGyXSj3vmrEDRdBZ_4G_nb4FVYBxD0DcYTQ3IOalLOqN6A

Last edited:
I love mine and it gets a lot of pocket time. My go-to tactical steak knife! :cool::D

Big fan as well - I have 4. One of my favorite Emerson handles, and my preference out of all EKI's pointy knives - less aggressive curve than the Persian, and a handle I prefer hands down over the Hattin.

It slices well, has an aggressive tip, and is pretty pocket friendly. The straight handle makes it comfortable for most hand sizes and grip styles. The large finger choil on the handle provides nice access to the thumb disk, but I added a larger thumb disk to make opening a bit easier. A good alternative to the Gentleman Jim or A100.

y4mvrNJREEaQZh654RCJtp9e4AvMShyGtPY0PdHhNvhxjNoaHrrZmbUhgdojQYNZx_EU1vgAhQx2whQGL5iVKtlaDinOtMIDPcwtsjVWpNb74ro1YTH8tMqI5tm1h65FlmZjnaogsMGj9Xym8s58ImO0u5TSv9v_T19e-pIi_qigSM3gIqkeU0joKqwzNw9bgFyCIva0ncuETFYu_ZYkziEYA

y4m8TKL_zwbY9KMwBA0eIn0tPGOHuNoU1L6v7RXoKfME50dOvfQZ2lyWgmaFUDuqoKKKbZ58W_tB8XSpYsK0rvyWo7TAL0EuJj083Ed4nYcAXOpnpNf3YxDL40h-1pdZkJAc-9-yMCSk41moDI5du4KOmjjBWu8Sp3pbTpnjHQdtGyXSj3vmrEDRdBZ_4G_nb4FVYBxD0DcYTQ3IOalLOqN6A
It says Kwaiken on the blade, while on the photos on the EKI page it says Tactical Kwaiken on the blade. Is yours an older version or what's the difference?

It says Kwaiken on the blade, while on the photos on the EKI page it says Tactical Kwaiken on the blade. Is yours an older version or what's the difference?

If i remember right, the Tactical Kwaiken is from the original signature series run of 61 satin and 61 black finished blades. Mine is from the current production run, which they've renamed just the Kwaiken. The original EKI page for the signature series Tactical Kwaiken was re-used for the regular Kwaiken production series.

Reactions: tgh
If i remember right, the Tactical Kwaiken is from the original signature series run of 61 satin and 61 black finished blades. Mine is from the current production run, which they've renamed just the Kwaiken. The original EKI page for the signature series Tactical Kwaiken was re-used for the regular Kwaiken production series.
Yep, blade stamp on the new ones is just Kwaiken.

Reactions: tgh
Delivery day is a good day. Keeping to the theme- I ordered a Boker mini kwaiken today :thumbsup:

My kwaiken arrived and I noticed that it has a domed pivot, I’ve never seen one with a domed pivot.

Back