Kydex Izula Sheaths

Grommets are spaced for mounting Mini Tek-Loks, or Spyderco G-Clips, for ambidextrous horizontal, vertical, and inverted carry. Edge up, or down, forward, or back. Works well with a Tactical Tether, a Mercharness, a neck chain/cord, an IWB loop, or as a pocket sheath too. I can also do a hook side Velcro backed, removable mounting plate.
002-3.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping for some feedback from y'all. I guess I should have mentioned that comments will be welcomed, and appreciated.:)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Have you carried much with any of these setups? I was wondering what your preferred method is and whether you choose the g-clip or tek-lok? I really prefer the g-clip myself but know there are a few things the tek-lok does better.

I'd love to see some pics of velcro usage if you get it done. That could be a convenient way to use the Izula.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Have you carried much with any of these setups? I was wondering what your preferred method is and whether you choose the g-clip or tek-lok? I really prefer the g-clip myself but know there are a few things the tek-lok does better.
For my Izula, I prefer a simple static cord with the sheath tucked between my belt, and my waistband, most of the time. I use Tek-Loks, and G-clips, depending on what I'm doing. I like Mini Tek-Loks because they fit my belt (1 1/2" Wilderness CSM) perfectly, but G-Clips are a bit more convenient sometimes. I often carry a knife inverted, hung from the armhole of a vest, or an inside pocket on an outer garment. G-Clips work very well for that. For belt carry, I generally prefer a Tek-Lok, except when I like a G-Clip, if that makes any sense.:D For larger knives, I'm an avid fan of Blade-Tech's Pull-The-Dot IWB loops, and mercop's Mercharness.

I designed the sheath for use with a wide variety of mounting options so that they'll be "customizable". So, whatever option someone prefers is possible.

I'd love to see some pics of velcro usage if you get it done. That could be a convenient way to use the Izula.
I'll be putting some up later today.

Last edited:
I generally prefer a Tek-Lok, except when I like a G-Clip, if that makes any sense.:D

It's nice to have options. :D I like the pull the dot loops also, that's how I carry my Scrapper5 and I can hardly tell it's there.
I'm looking forward to hearing more about the velcro.

Molle-Lok, and IWB loop on the Izula. Velcro on the Plan B.

003-2.jpg

Spyderco Swick, and Emerson La Griffe.

001-6.jpg

Is the velcro held down with screws or glue or both?

Both. It's the sticky backed stuff. I make the plates, drill them, attach the Velcro, then cut the Velcro out of the holes so that the Chicago screws give a little extra hold on the corners of the Velcro.

The velcro sounds pretty secure on the sheath. What would you hook it to, a vest with velcro maybe?

The velcro sounds pretty secure on the sheath. What would you hook it to, a vest with velcro maybe?

I like them for the CCW pockets, and the inside loop fields, that are in Maxpedition, and other bags. You could attach it to anything that has loop side Velcro on it. Pick up some sticky backed Velcro at Home Depot, or Wal-Mart, and your imagination is the limit.:)

I like that sheath. Looks like it would fit in perfect with a Raven Concealment Phantom holster. Nice work!

Do you makes sheaths for other knives like Swamp Warden which is similar to the IZULA.
Cheers

Do you makes sheaths for other knives like Swamp Warden which is similar to the IZULA.
Cheers

Yes, I don't own a Swamp Warden, though.

Some more stuff.

One Piece IWB For a CRKT Polkowski Kasper Companion

001-8.jpg

Custom Neck Sheath for a BHK ?. I don't know what the model name is. Very nice knife.

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

Back