Kydex Questions

I am wanting to start doing Kydex sheaths and was looking over what I will need. I think I have a good idea, but there are still a couple questions I have. I think 0.08" thick kydex will work for me unless a different size is better. That seems to be a good middle ground from what I have read. I want to do eyelets, but don't know which version I need among S-61 or S-66. I plan on getting one of the burrout Brad point in 1/4" and the 1/4" custom die set from USA Knife Maker. My question is which of the eyelets do I need, and among chicago screws, do they go through an eyelet to attach the belt loop or say a tek-loc loop, or do you just drill the hole and just use a chicago screw. And either way, which one would look the best with the eyelets I need?

I am wanting to start doing Kydex sheaths and was looking over what I will need. I think I have a good idea, but there are still a couple questions I have. I think 0.08" thick kydex will work for me unless a different size is better. That seems to be a good middle ground from what I have read. I want to do eyelets, but don't know which version I need among S-61 or S-66. I plan on getting one of the burrout Brad point in 1/4" and the 1/4" custom die set from USA Knife Maker. My question is which of the eyelets do I need, and among chicago screws, do they go through an eyelet to attach the belt loop or say a tek-loc loop, or do you just drill the hole and just use a chicago screw. And either way, which one would look the best with the eyelets I need?

The S-66 are way too long for .08 and will split on you. The S-61 are what you want.

The chicago screws can be done either way. I prefer to put them through eyelets. If you put them directly through the sheath you'll need a 13/64" bit (or a hair bigger for some).

Last edited:
Back