Labor Day weekend plans

here in Colorado springs we have the hot air balloon fest. later in the day a hike hunting for fatwood.

Headed out Friday for my first archery elk hunt. We'll be spike camping and hopefully chasing/calling to bulls all weekend. This is the quick weekend trip, we'll be headed back to the same area on the 15th to hunt for 8 days.

Chattanooga with the family for a couple days of Aquarium, Caves by railroad along with some downtown restaurants and shopping.
220px-See_Rock_City_sign_IMG_4949.JPG

I'm going to head into the office and work on an "urgent" redesign of a dining facility in Afghanistan that has been four months waiting for a waiver and now that we have a "verbal approval" it's hot, hot, hot. Luckily tomorrow I'll get to spend four hours in a car driving to Ft Riley, KS to figure out if the A/C ducts still fit in the building after the historic folks decided that they wanted to display the transoms above the doors of an old building. I'm all for history, but FFS, deciding to change after the contract is awarded is major pain for all involved. You clowns post pictures so I can live vicariously through you if you get outdoors. I'll share some pictures of the building. It's cool, but man, is it a pain in the buttocks.

2018082922194103-IMG_0867-X3.jpg
It's the Calvary Museum/ old cavalry school / older hospital if any of you guys know Riley.

No plans that I know of for Saturday and Sunday, but if I'm off of work Monday, I'll be doing my best to give my wife the day off. I've been working 1am-1pm or 2am-2pm all this week, and it's been really tough on her to chase our kiddo around, take care of meals, and run her business without me providing any evening help that I normally provide during the week. I've been hitting the hay around the same time that our 2 year old gets up from her nap, so momma hasn't been getting any breaks.

Oldest son has a cross-country meet on Saturday - possibly the only time I'll be outside this holiday weekend. I'll be in Chattanooga this weekend with the wife, but it will be in a used bookstore, and a restaurant.

well I'm doing 'whatever" this weekend. I was going to plan a weekend getaway, but I'll be out of town the next two weeks straight without coming home. So we'll just do some day outings.

Friday and Saturday are chores for mom, shopping, cleaning the house etc. Sunday I work, then Monday I'm off for the week. Heading out of town for a fishing trip Wednesday or Thursday. Going to bring 2 Fiddlebacks and a bunch of other knives to play with. :D

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Heading to The Land Between The Lakes KY. Checking out the Elk and Bison Range, the Homeplace and the Nature Station. Oh and I hear there is a good Knife shop in Gilbertsville Kentucky.

Back