1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

Labor Day weekend plans

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Halfneck

Halfneck Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I was stationed at Ft Campbell for 4 years. Seeing buffalo there was pretty cool. If you're up in that area around dinner, look up Patti's 1880 Settlement Restaurant. I ate there back in the late 90s and their Pork Chop still ranks as the best I've ever had. http://pattis-settlement.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

2. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Working nights can stink! Worked last night and didn't sleep a ton today. At least I have the rest of the week off for vacation. Hope you survive and can have some fun.

3. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    The wife and I took a 2-day trip the Shawnee Nation Forest in southern Illinois for some light hikes. Giant City state park, Garden of the Gods wilderness, Rim Rock canyon and the town of Chester, home of Popeye. I'll post more pics later this week while at the hotel (business trip). Big lesson learned the hard way twice now. Dont forget the cpap machine!

4. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I should have taken some vacation time. :eek:

EF252EC6-DC68-48DD-9752-23481AA3081C.png

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Lady1911 likes this.
  6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Thanks, @VANCE!

I don’t think it will amount to much, but there’s probably some forum members besides me that will be affected. Hopefully it will pass quickly and everyone will emerge unscathed. :thumbsup:

Nbrackett likes this.
  7. prom52

prom52 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Wishing all in the path of Gordon safe harbor !

Fortunately the storm did not amount to much here in SW Florida......pretty much a rain event with limited bluster, and it moved through fairly quick.