Labor Day weekend plans

Heading to The Land Between The Lakes KY. Checking out the Elk and Bison Range, the Homeplace and the Nature Station. Oh and I hear there is a good Knife shop in Gilbertsville Kentucky.

I was stationed at Ft Campbell for 4 years. Seeing buffalo there was pretty cool. If you're up in that area around dinner, look up Patti's 1880 Settlement Restaurant. I ate there back in the late 90s and their Pork Chop still ranks as the best I've ever had. http://pattis-settlement.com/?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

Ironic as it is... I'm working a night shift through the labour day weekend.
Working nights can stink! Worked last night and didn't sleep a ton today. At least I have the rest of the week off for vacation. Hope you survive and can have some fun.

The wife and I took a 2-day trip the Shawnee Nation Forest in southern Illinois for some light hikes. Giant City state park, Garden of the Gods wilderness, Rim Rock canyon and the town of Chester, home of Popeye. I'll post more pics later this week while at the hotel (business trip). Big lesson learned the hard way twice now. Dont forget the cpap machine!

Wishing all in the path of Gordon safe harbor !

Fortunately the storm did not amount to much here in SW Florida......pretty much a rain event with limited bluster, and it moved through fairly quick.

Back