Lambert Collaboration

knerd

Basic Member
Custom knife maker Kirby Lambert is doing a collaboration with Reate. DM'd Kirby on Instagram and he should be getting a prototype(s) soon. IDK about you guys, but I'm pretty psyched.

Reate seems to have good QC and to be able to get some Lambert designs @ midtech prices is pretty awesome. I believe we'll see these around Blade Show.

Saw the prototypes at IWA show in Germany two weeks ago! These look very interesting!

No specs or pricing have been released as far as I know.

But going off their Instagram photos there are two variations

Last edited:
I'm hyped for the top one as well, compound grinds just aren't my thing. However I am glad that Lambert finally has some midtechs/high end production pieces out.

So, still no word about when these are going to be available? I'm really hoping to try and get one before they are extinct.

I heard August.
I wish they offered the top blade with the bottom handle - referencing the photo above.

I heard August.
I wish they offered the top blade with the bottom handle - referencing the photo above.

Patience, I guess. You must have some large hands.
I just enjoy the symmetry, and the fact that hand pressure wont affect the lock and how this knife opens,I can grab it and open. sure do miss plain ole thumb studs.

I don't have large hands. I think those two knives are the same size. The photo makes the one in front look bigger. I could be wrong.
The bottom handle has a less defined second finger groove which I like.

I don't have large hands. I think those two knives are the same size. The photo makes the one in front look bigger. I could be wrong.
The bottom handle has a less defined second finger groove which I like.

Yes both appear to be the same size. I haven't asked yet but expect both blade styles to come with micarta and carbon fiber handles.

Reactions: AF
Great looking knives. I appreciate the top one just a little more. Really like the canvas colored micarta and all the design aesthetics, but why the blue anodized pivot? (Just doesn't match, minor gripe)

Great looking knives. I appreciate the top one just a little more. Really like the canvas colored micarta and all the design aesthetics, but why the blue anodized pivot? (Just doesn't match, minor gripe)

These are prototypes so minor details often change. It’s likely the blue hardware will only go on the carbon fiber version as that seems a popular match up.

These are prototypes so minor details often change. It’s likely the blue hardware will only go on the carbon fiber version as that seems a popular match up.
Agree. But recently I've seen kizer do OD green with anodized blue, Pena/reate did the same OD green with blue. So maybe it's a reate thing? I know blue is the easiest/common annodization because it takes less time in the color spectrum iirc?

Blue is toward the low end of the voltage scale after bronze and purple. I doubt it's any easier from a manufacturing standpoint. If you're annodizing on the cheap with 9 volt batteries then yes, it's easier.

Any update on the Augustus release date? THe bottom compound tanto blade?

Back