Lamson knives

What is your take on their forged blade knives? Will soon be in the market for a 8" chefs knife and a 10" slicer.

Man I asked this same question about two months ago and I got nothing. I went with Forschner and I am very happy I did. Folks seem to know very little about Lamson or have little interest.

Lamson intrigued me but without any info...I moved on.

They are very soft...I think about Rockwell 54 or so.

I am very pleased with the stamped Forschner Fibrox knives. Great knives, great price.

I just registered on bladeforums today - would have expected your question to get some response, however, this is more of a tactical forum than a cooks forum as it seems.

(we need more cooks?)

I'm not a fan of the Fibrox handles, but the Victorinox knives are great. My bread knife, a boning knife are both wood-handle Forchner's - And I like the little tourne (turning knife) they make as well.

Lamson knives offer a lot of options in the way of handle types, and models from stamped (think Victorinox) to forged cutlery. The ones I have used are decent quality, but their prices are very close to that of competitors, like Wusthof and Zwilling Heinkels. Some of their non-cutlery items are probably better known/used than their knives. I like their slotted turners, spatulas, wooden spoons and such... You made a good choice with Forchner - Plastic handles being what they are/ I do have a rigid boning knife from them with the plastic handle - Great steel - but just a bit too clumsy compared to some other trimming cutlery I own.

I hope you enjoy your knives either way. :D

I have forged 8" Lamson chefs knife it's a workhorse, it's like a timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking. The 10" was not that well balanced for me, the 8" was better balanced and I kept it.

I have a little forged lamson chef knife and it is delightful. Has taken a lot of abuse, easy to maintain and is ready when I need it.

Back