LAND 910 Plus

Picked up this knife in Germany this summer. Specs: 3.4" satin 12C27 Sanvik steel. Milled liners (liner lock) with G-10 scales. Got this one cause it looks like a CR Sebenza but with G-10
and a liner lock. Guess it would be classified as a "clone". I thought it was a German company because "Land" is a German word for country but a friend says it's Chinese made.
For sure the best sub $30 knife I have ever handled. Nicer than the Spyderco Tenacious. Smooth, perfectly centered blade and good looking. Came with 2 silver stand-offs and a blue barrel spacer which doubles as the lanyard hole. Dual thumb studs also a nice blue color.
I paid 26 euro. Very happy with this model.

Very impressed with the 12C27 steel. Been carrying it for weeks and its still shaving sharp.
I did have it open on me as I drew it from my waist line. The thumb stud, which is tapered, caught on my pant fabric.
Can only be carried tip up so I'll have to be cautious in the future. The single screw pocket clip has become a bit loose
So a bit of loctite will be added. This is one of 2 china folders I now own. So far so good.

Picked up this knife in Germany this summer. Specs: 3.4" satin 12C27 Sanvik steel. Milled liners (liner lock) with G-10 scales. Got this one cause it looks like a CR Sebenza but with G-10
and a liner lock. Guess it would be classified as a "clone". I thought it was a German company because "Land" is a German word for country but a friend says it's Chinese made.
For sure the best sub $30 knife I have ever handled. Nicer than the Spyderco Tenacious. Smooth, perfectly centered blade and good looking. Came with 2 silver stand-offs and a blue barrel spacer which doubles as the lanyard hole. Dual thumb studs also a nice blue color.
I paid 26 euro. Very happy with this model.

This knife is a continuation of SanRenMu’s Sebenza clones. It actually is smaller than a large sebenza and larger than a small sebenza. There is actually a European dealer that has an exclusive titanium framelock version.

The ones I have handled have been well ymade knives with probably the best action I have ever seen on a cheap knife. Playing with the steel framelock 910 Lands actually embarassed me that that this knife has such a good action. Possibly better than even even my good flipping ZTs.

Still I can’t really condone or support a knife like this that is so clearly a clone of the Sebenza. SanRenMu has been cloning sebenzas for a long time what with their 710 being a tip down only small sebenza clone.

It makes me sad to see a knife with so much potential being wasted on a clone. If they would have had the bravery to make their own design I would have had no problem recommending this as one of the best low cost folders on the marker.

As is I say get a knife with an original design to send the right message to chinese makers. The Ruike 801 is a great knife that if you put side by side with the 910 looks like they both came off the same assembly line. Sanrenmu has lots of designs that aren’t clones. Maybe try one of those.

I agree with Lapedog. I was gifted a few Sanrenmu knives from family. I highly disagree with their ethics but can’t fault the build quality.

Ah yes. After doing some research I now see. Surprised I missed this considering I've been studying
Microtech counterfeits the last year. I agree with everyone. This knife will be relegated to a shoe box somewhere.
Too bad. They could have been a good company like some of the other Chinese knife producers. They have the engineering but lack creativity.

These knives are nothing special but are better than spyderco tenacious and byrd lines of knives especially for price.btw byrd is better than tenacious that i have but way overpriced for what it is.(ganzo but for 3x the price)

Back