Lanny's Clip

Invoice

Gold Member
I asked this question in the thread about the new Case/Bose knife. It did not get answered so I'm throwing it out to a wider audience.
What is the definition of a "Lanny's Clip"? Who made the first one?

The design of the Lanny's Clip was an inspiration by Tony Bose for his friend Lanny Shell from Tennessee. Lanny saw the knife and bought the first ten that Tony produced.

This is now an iconic design adopted and graciously given by the "Old Dog" Tony to many in the knife making community. It happens to be one of my personal favorites and I

have three in slightly different configurations and one on order with Reese.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the info. That Case/Bose knife coming down the pike is a very handsome knife.

Here's a Lanny's Clip made by Joel Chamblin.

IMG_8878.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

roland

This is a two bladed version of Lanny's, meticulously crafted by Kerry Hampton

Jeff

hampton_TenJack.jpg

Oh, thanks :)

Awesome knives being posted, Im just going to sit back and watch now :D

Ok, this one is mine, another Kerry Hampton creation, I meant to post it before but, God forbid, I made a mistake.

Anyway, Kerry calls these two bladed versions Tennessee Jack's, very appropriate considering Lanny's home state.

Great knife, great craftsmanship and all round super fine!

Jeff

khampton-378stagTennjack0-2.jpg

You guys are making me very jealous. Time to start saving for the Case/Bose collab.

"Any idea where I could get one like that ?"
You could use a short handled slot screwdriver 'til you get one !
roland

I was lucky enough to be able to name the Tennessee Jack (cuz I live in Tennessee also) :)

Reese Bose originally did a Lanny's Clip with a wharncliffe secondary blade, but he put it on the pile side of the knife. Me and Kerry thought it would be better on the mark side so we switched her up and came up with this bad boy.....

And as usual, I get a shield on both sides :)

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

Last edited:
I'll tell you one thing....it's heavy. But I like a heavy knife because I always know its in my pocket (and not lost)

ahem.

a·hem/əˈhem/
Exclamation:
Used to represent the noise made when clearing the throat, typically to attract attention or express disapproval

Back