Lanyard

I just got a new neck knife, was able to pick up an EKT companion, any recommendations for how to "attach" it to my neck? I also have a tek lok for it, but when I do want to neck carry it how should I? Thanks and feel free and please do leave pictures!

try to use the chain that comes with dog tags, the little circles, so you can rip it from your neck easily, most don't recommend paracord since it can be used against you, or it could get stuck and cause some damage

Ok, that you very much!

Bead chain. The problem with paracord is with a 550lb test you will choke to death before that cord breaks. You could catch it on something or someone could use it to choke. Yes, very very very unlikely but still...

One thing I have done with the two neck knives I actually use as neck knives on occasion is hollow out the paracord and run part of the chain through it so you still have access to the chain. The chain is holding the knife on but you get the look and feel of the paracord. Don't if that made sense. Found out about the idea on here. I'll post up some pics later if I remember.

If you use paracord you want to get some breakaway barrel connectors.
They're these little plastic male and female pieces that snap togeather, but will easily break free with a sharp tug.
You can get a pack of them for super cheap and they come in every color paracord does, they can be found at any paracord site.

Saw a guy at work without a break away neck lanyard for his restricted area badge get caught/choked for about 1.5 seconds at work on a piece of equipment... He had a RED ring around his neck for over a week!

Get the breakaway lanyards at all costs!

Alright thank you very much, I may post a picture later because I may have a break away thing and want to see if that is what you are talking about so please check back later and I think I know what you mean by the gutted pararcord, I saw something like that and it looked like an amazing Idea! Thanks

Saw a guy at work without a break away neck lanyard for his restricted area badge get caught/choked for about 1.5 seconds at work on a piece of equipment... He had a RED ring around his neck for over a week!

Damn. There you go!

Yeah, bead chain probably is the smartest way to go. :thumbup: Piano wire is right out! :D

Bead chain. The problem with paracord is with a 550lb test you will choke to death before that cord breaks. You could catch it on something or someone could use it to choke. Yes, very very very unlikely but still...

One thing I have done with the two neck knives I actually use as neck knives on occasion is hollow out the paracord and run part of the chain through it so you still have access to the chain. The chain is holding the knife on but you get the look and feel of the paracord. Don't if that made sense. Found out about the idea on here. I'll post up some pics later if I remember.

Here is what I am talking about:

BmSOXruh.jpg

I melted the ends of the cord around the chain so it would stay where I wanted permanently.

Back