• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Large Filet SOLD

G L Drew

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A nice fantasy while I was making this one but I never catch fish big enough to need a filet knife this big. although I know there are some out there who could use this knife.
Stock removal from 3/32 inch 52100 high carbon steel
Heat treated to Rc 58-60 in my shop with attention to a fine grain
Cocobolo handle. (This is my favorite wood. We have had knives in our kitchen, in and out of the dishwater for over 10 years and they look great. However, I have developed an allergy to the sawdust and will not be using it anymore. Rats!)
Yes, the blade does flex
Overall length: 13 1/2 inches
Blade: 8 1/4 inches
Leather scabbard with a belt loop

SOLD delivered within the US. My PayPal and email address is gldrewknives@gmail com

Last edited:
Agreed, beautiful! Also curious about the price?

How is the tang attached to the handle? And finally, is the harpoon tip sharpened, or is it just a swedge?

The price has been added. Thought I was going to give it away free :eek:

How is the tang attached to the handle? And finally, is the harpoon tip sharpened, or is it just a swedge?
It is about 2/3 of the way into the handle.

The harpoon is not sharpened.
The tang reaches about 2/3 of the way into the handle and is fixed with epoxy.

Back