• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

RELISTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmfkdragoon

Gold Member
Hello BF,

Up for sale is a "Daddy" model slipjoint from French knife maker Jiminy Claustrat, featuring a 90MCV8 (similar to O2) carbon steel blade, Amboyna burl covers, black liners, brass bolsters, integrated lanyard pin, and stainless liners and spring. This one is built like a tank and feels like one. 4.7" closed and 7.2oz. This knife features a Cran Forcé mechanism (cam tang with a forced notch) that is super smooth and has a decisive lockup. Has a stop pin and can be operated one-handed. Perfect centering and no play.

I am the first owner and purchased this from Coutebox, but it is just a bit too big for me. It has some patina that almost blends in with the dark stonewash, otherwise it is in excellent condition. Comes with COA and bag. Originally $575 (not including international Express shipping), which is already an incredible value for the quality of this knife.

Last edited:
What steel is this.... I cant...🤔 ......translate it or even see it too well, but that's my crap!!!

Beautiful blade.

What steel is this.... I cant...🤔 ......translate it or even see it too well, but that's my crap!!!

Beautiful blade.
Sorry, it is 90MCV8, an oil-hardening tool steel very similar in composition to O2, and often used in Europe. Working HRC up to 63-65. Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back