laser engraving G10

Hey all.
Just wondering if it's possiblle to have G10 laser engraved. My step dad's retiring from the Marines and I was hoping to get him an SNG CC with his name rank and an EGA on it. Thanks for your help.

How would that work? Do you mean like melt something into the G10? Because G10 doesn't melt; it burns to a crisp. At least that's what I think is one of G10's "special" properties.

I assumed it would be ok and that the lettering would come out black like it does on wood. Does anyone have any pics of a G10 handle that's been done? I was going to experiment and have something engraved on my Strider PT but I'd like to be sure what it will look like before I do.

Sorry-no. I only do hand and machine engraving. No laser.

WOW! This is amazing... I can't talk s for Viper06 necrobumping a 12 year old thread... Bill DeShivs was the 2nd post 12 years ago and he replied like 12 years didn't pass by. BRAVO, boomers, BRAVO!

Sorry if that offended you. I try to help people when I can.
The "Boomer" thing is offensive. This "boomer" has forgotten more than you will ever know about knives.

WOW! This is amazing... I can't talk s for Viper06 necrobumping a 12 year old thread... Bill DeShivs was the 2nd post 12 years ago and he replied like 12 years didn't pass by. BRAVO, boomers, BRAVO!
Bill didn't even Necro the thread, a 1post jackass doing the same thing you were did, when he asked him a question, read closer.

Sorry if that offended you. I try to help people when I can.
The "Boomer" thing is offensive. This "boomer" has forgotten more than you will ever know about knives.
He is mad because he necro'd a thread, to call out someone necroing a thread, and got called out, so went to take his rage out on someone, I guess. But he read the thread wrong as you did not necro it

No! I was genuinely impressed! Both Viper06 and Bill DeShivs did no wrong here lol. I was ready to give Viper06 my 'backhanded slap' comment and I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized this is a valid 12 year old necro bump.

I understand how you guys perceived anger or something, because I usually offend people for necro bumping. Not this time, you guys passed with flying colors!

Sorry about the boomer comment, it is only in reference to computer knowledge. I work in IT and a lot of my clients are from that generation. I provide solutions to them and fix their problems.

Lastly, since I believe we humans are de-evolving, that must mean your generation is better! ; ) haha

Looking at your posting history, it seems that most of what you do here is trolling.

What difference is it to you if the thread has been resurrected-as long as the information is valid?

I spend quite a bit of time here advising helpless neophytes like yourself who can't figure out how to lubricate or sharpen a knife.

You see, I have spent the last 55 years in the cutlery business. Please take your snide remarks elsewhere, or at least provide some content that is pertinent to cutlery.

Back