Last minute gift for 12/20

Thanks very much, haha!

Soooo...I like the handle slab construction on the Ultimate Fighter, what other models should I be looking at?
Always have at least 1 Ang Khola or Chiruwa Ang Khola. I like a BAS, WWII, Ang Khola Bowie, M43.
Like you choose the Ultimate Fighter, whatever appeals to you. Too many to tell you what to pick.
All of them.
It’s an addiction!!!

Always have at least 1 Ang Khola or Chiruwa Ang Khola. I like a BAS, WWII, Ang Khola Bowie, M43.
Like you choose the Ultimate Fighter, whatever appeals to you. Too many to tell you what to pick.
All of them.
It’s an addiction!!!
Thanks, George!

Sometimes from the pics provided, it can be hard to tell which models have the full-tang handle slab construction, so I was just looking for some pointers in that direction. :)

I think if there are pins showing, then it's a full exposed tang (Chiruwa Ang Khola or M43 for example). All the others I think still have a full tang, it's just slightly reduced in size from the width of the blade, so it's completely contained in the handle until it's peened at the butt. This will be just as strong really, and probably offers better shock resistance.

If you plan on doing prybar work, then you'll need the Chiruwa Ang Khola. The others should be up to any other heavy task.

Is that correct?

Edited to defeat autocorrect!

Thanks, George!

Sometimes from the pics provided, it can be hard to tell which models have the full-tang handle slab construction, so I was just looking for some pointers in that direction. :)

Look for the aluminum pins. All chiruwa style handles have them. If there are no visible pins then it has a hidden tang with peened on butt plate and keeper.

Thanks, George!

Usually any of them that have rivets (pins)in the handles are full tang. That’s what Chiruwa means, full tang i.e. Chiruwa Ang Khola

OK, all I know is I should be getting a M43 by Ram Kumar. :)

The one from the OP was long gone, but I'm sure I'll get a nice one.

Back