Last Minutes Gift for 12/21

I just gotta know who got that big beautiful Kobra? Just curious, not sad, well maybe a little sad but not a lot.

gonna have to book a flight to Nepal to get a Farm Knife
man thats 6 months now I been trying

Few minutes back we had an Earthquake in Reno.

Few minutes back we had an Earthquake in Reno.
Keep us updated Mrs. Yangdu! Hope you and family are ok! Yall should be ok. Reno has had much activity in the last week or so but that is good. Many small ones usually means no big ones. Not like Nepal. Himalayan quakes are very different than here.

Last edited:
Hopefully everything is alright.
Just checked online and it seems to have been a 4.4
I hope there is nothing bigger following.

Hope all is still on the shelves in Reno! We have occasional minor earth quakes up here in New England. It's not a comfortable feeling when the "solid ground" beneath you is suddenly not so solid...most we usually get are around 2.0

Congrats on that gorgeous Hanshee LaRue!

Nobody posted that they did that I can see. Wait a bit, hopefully Yangdu will get back to you with good news.

Auntie if you need help down there I got half a tank of gas and I'm well rested. I'll get more gas and be there in 13 hours if I can help.
12 if I don't hit snow, or take a wrong turn. Maybe even 11 1/2 if I drive really really fast.

Nobody posted that they did that I can see. Wait a bit, hopefully Yangdu will get back to you with good news.

Auntie if you need help down there I got half a tank of gas and I'm well rested. I'll get more gas and be there in 13 hours if I can help.
12 if I don't hit snow, or take a wrong turn. Maybe even 11 1/2 if I drive really really fast.

Well it might be biscuits and gravy by the time I get there but id do it! Ill have to get a few hours lead on ya Mr. B;)

My Manjushree came in yesterday, and boy is it gorgeous. The handle carving is absolutely magnificent. It was a bit heavier than expected, but that's not an issue. It was the first time I'd seen Auntie's specs off by more than a half inch or half ounce though; spec'd at 27" 27oz, it's actually more like 28" 39oz. Again, not an issue, just an observation. Another observation, this thing is sharppp!! I mean both edges full length will just about remove hair from my arm, I can feel it grabbing. It's definitely more tip heavy than I thought it would be, in part because of the weight, but also because the handle is not chiruwa style like my Tibetan Short Sword.

Overall, it's amazing, and very cool to see the differences in Purna and Kumar's sword making. The Kumar Tibetan Short Sword has incredible balance and grace, while the Purna Manjushree has some sort of aura around it, instilling a sense of respect for it's beautiful and unassuming nature, which conceals it's formidable strength.

And of course, my crappy cell phone pictures:

Tried to get a 360 view of the handle

Both swords together

I like the feel of the Tibetan Short Sword more, but there is a level of artfulness in that intricately carved handle on the Manjushree that is currently unmatched in my collection.

Just wanna thank Yangdu one more time for being so understanding an compromising with regards to my acquisition of this sword. I can't wait til I have teeth again!

Man you did well! Thats some nice steel! I know what you mean about the Manjushree. Its width goes all the way to the tip almost so it does feel more front heavy but also feel the power and imagine making good contact at the tip of each. That Manjushree will do some serious damage with that extra weight behind it.

Thanks guys! And ya, ndog, that's kinda what I was trying to say. Just imagine my surprise when I expected a light, playful short sword, but instead got this beautiful and powerful beast! This will definitely get some "field testing" sometime, either after the snow melts, or before the snow falls, if it ever does. It hit 70 here yesterday, which I believe was a record high. It's a pleasant 63 and sunny right now. Last year it was in the 20's at this time, but also no snow, then record snowfall...

ChainWhip, if only you could see this thing!! There are some low spots in the carving that are still a little rough, because they were just too deep to be hit by the finishing process. My phone just doesn't do this sword justice. Either of them actually.

BB, did you score that Kumar Manjushree with the Walnut handle?? Or did that get stealth sharked?

Back