Last Minutes Gift for 12/21

That Tarwar is beautiful and a bargain!

I sent an email to Yangdu last night and asked for the Tarwar. I thought, this is crazy it's more than 1 month since this DOD, so it must be Long gone. But i thought, it can't hurt to ask if it´s still available, and it was! The Tarwar will be shipped to me this day.:thumbup:

I sent an email to Yangdu last night and asked for the Tarwar. I thought, this is crazy it's more than 1 month since this DOD, so it must be Long gone. But i thought, it can't hurt to ask if it´s still available, and it was! The Tarwar will be shipped to me this day.:thumbup:

Congrats Brother! You done really good!!! :D

Yes i think so. The problem now, is that i live in a small apartment. Only one room and a kitchen. I have not room for more things soon. :) So i ordered a Sword Stand from Ebay. A stand for 10 swords. The stand is not so wide, so i can place my kukris also if i want. That's great. It will save some space.

I also ordered a "custom" 27"wajaski with a carved handle, like the last DOD one. But with a yellow scabbard instead of a black. I am a bit tired of black now, so i wanted to have the Wajaski with some other color this time. And i also think i will order a Manjushree. The dragon carving seems cool and mystic.

Last edited:
Yes i think so. The problem now, is that i live in a small apartment. Only one room and a kitchen. I have not room for more things soon. :) So i ordered a Sword Stand from Ebay. A stand for 10 swords. The stand is not so wide, so i can place my kukris also if i want. That's great. It will save some space.

I also ordered a "custom" 27"wajaski with a carved handle, like the last DOD one. But with a yellow scabbard instead of a black. I am a bit tired och black now so i wanted to have the Wajaski with some other color this time. And i also think i will order a Manjushree. The dragon carving seems cool and mystic.

Yikes! Seven slots you need to think about filling! I thought I'd never own a sword. Guess what? I was wrong again! I have a few things on order with Auntie. One is a 32" extra pointy Manjushree. I believe the HISV is every bit as contagious as HIKV.

Yikes! Seven slots you need to think about filling! I thought I'd never own a sword. Guess what? I was wrong again! I have a few things on order with Auntie. One is a 32" extra pointy Manjushree. I believe the HISV is every bit as contagious as HIKV.

Seems so. Pics on the Manjushree when you get it please. :)

Seems so. Pics on the Manjushree when you get it please. :)

Will do! Where are you in Sweden. I spent six weeks in Varberg working at the Ringhals nuclear plant back in the late 80's doing under water EDM machine modifications on the PWR reactor core barrels. Beautiful plant, great people. It didn't hurt we experienced the June holidays! :eek:

Will do! Where are you in Sweden. I spent six weeks in Varberg working at the Ringhals nuclear plant back in the late 80's doing under water EDM machine modifications on the PWR reactor core barrels. Beautiful plant, great people. It didn't hurt we experienced the June holidays! :eek:

In a small town about 186 Miles north of Stockholm.

Last edited:
Manjushree dragon carving is both cool and mystic. I'd post a pic of mine, but it seems I've already done that in this thread :b

What specs are you thinking for the custom Manjushree?

Manjushree dragon carving is both cool and mystic. I'd post a pic of mine, but it seems I've already done that in this thread :b

What specs are you thinking for the custom Manjushree?
I have no idea. I thought about a 29" But maybe after seeing Bigbores pictures of he´s custom, i will also want to have a more pointy one. And maybe with a thinner spine than original.

But i have no idea how a Manjushree feels in the hand. I better ask somebody that already got one. to get a understanding before making a decision. About spine thickness, weight and so on.

As for example, my 26" 58 ounce Falcata is a bit to heavy to handle. The spine on the Falcata is thick as an CAK. almost all the way. On the other hand the Falcata can do serious damage. But also to my wrist.

But a Manjushree maybe is more easy to handle. What do you say? would you prefer a little bit lighter blade, and spine thickness on your Manjushree? Or is it good as it is? And by the way. Can it be handled with one hand, or is a two hand grip preferred? The Falcata is much more easy to handle with two hands. But the handle is a bit to small for a good grip with both hands.

I don't have a caliper on hand, and the spine thickness is tricky to see because its double edged, but it's about 3/8" thick right where the markings are, before the "blade" starts. Mine is about 28" OAL and 39oz. It doesn't feel light, but also not heavy. I'd say "powerful" is the right word. I certainly wouldn't go heavier, but some of that power feeling might be lost if you go much lighter. It would be quicker though.

The sword is manageable with one hand, but gets tiring after a bit. I'm also only 5'8", 125lbs, so I'm not exactly a big dude. Others may find my example to be the perfect weight. I can fit both hands on it, but it kinda feels awkward, and I have fairly small hands. It's certainly meant as a 1-hander.

If I were to sell this one and get a custom, I'd probably request it to be a little lighter, but not much. Probably in the 32-36oz range. And I'd get Neem or Sadan wood, and maybe a colored sheath. Other than that, the overall package is pretty spot on. The extra pointy tip is also a cool mod, but not a must-have in my opinion. Oh, you might wanna consider a custom gaurd too. I like mine just fine, but I feel like I saw one with an even cooler gaurd. More stylized.

I don't recall off the top of my head the weight of mine but it feels nice in my hands. I can get two hands on it for the most part.

I don't know much about swing a sword or sword fighting but it seems nimble to me.

I don't think I'd change it much myself.

Thanks BB! I try :)

I should probably add that I certainly have no intention of getting rid of mine anytime soon :b

Perhaps my Scots/Irish lineage is to blame. Anything smaller than a Claymore seems nimble in my hands. Quick? Not so much. Crushing obstacles, a bit better. We've never been considered subtle from those neck of the woods. Barbarous? Maybe.

The Manjushree is the Sword of Wisdom as Mr Wallace recently reminded us. I think the wisdom part is folks don't want to mess with ya whilst you got one in your hand.
I tried to find the thread that speaks of this but it's early and my brain isn't totally warmed up just yet.

Some pics of my Tarwar that arrived this day. "29 inch 46 ounce Tarwar by Kumar. Satisal wood handle."

Awesome war sword brotha! I have one in horn which will remain in my collection forever. I will never sell it! They are beefy hella strong strong swor a that handle great. Yours has really nice curves and the handle looks nice and long.

Back