Last Sheath of 2014

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi folks, it's that time of year, lets see just the 'last sheath' you put together for the year of 2014, now, I know for some of you guys and gals, you may have worked on a patch of sheaths at one time, just try to pick the one you remember having the last bit of work done for this year.

For me, with the ankle busted, my work has been pretty slow so it is easy to remember which one was last ;) made this Buck 110 sheath for a Custom Buck with nickel silver frame and water buffalo scales, he had Buck ship it to me when it was finished, a lovely knife too !

Right hand carry horizontal, holds the knife quite secure, I've always said the 110's have one of the best contours for my style of sheath work, they just snap into place so solidly.

Buck_110-.jpg~original

Ok, I hope the year has been good to you all, it's been up and down with me but at least I'm able to walk again, albeit a little stilted but gaining all the time, doc said it might be a year and a half before I walk normal, that would be late next year, I'm hoping to beat that date!

Happy New Year to all !
G2

also here's a link to 2013's post too

Last edited:
Nice peace of work Gary. About 2014, it had it´s ups and down here also, so I wish you and all a very good an healthy 2015. That you may fast recover Gary, greetings from the Netherlands.

Thanks for that and welcome to the forums too, Tilburg? I've been there, there is a glass factory near by that we have equipment in that I had to check on. Had a nice visit, great people there too.
G2

Hahaha, than you were a far way from home I think?:) You ment PLM glass factory nearby Coca Cola that´s correct.

Nice looking folder sheath Gary!

I finished these 4 on the same day, but the last one to get waxed is the one on the top!

Happy New Years guys!

Bruce

There are pictures up on my other post from a couple weeks back, but here is my last one of 2014.

TghjhfG.jpg

Chris

Nice guys and Icewind it was the PLM plant that I visited, but it was many years ago, be sure to post one of your last endeavors of 2014 when you can.
G2

Gary, my last item for 2014 was not a sheath but a tobacco pouch. I´ve posted it already here on the forum some time ago but I´ll place one picture in case you´ve missed it. Because I have all my life great sympathy for the native Americans their art and culture (I am 57yo) I found it was time for me to honor them. So, tell me wat you think. Greetz from the Netherlands.

I think that's Cool Icewind, no pun intended ;) and yes our Native Americans have quite a history here, some not so pleasant unfortunately. I recently made a balisong sheath and was inspired to use one of my Indian Chief's embossing on it, left the area around that black while the embossing was a dark brown, also didn't put a groove down the sheath as I normally do, a fellow bought it after he saw it, as it was something I just felt moved to make, but he has an Indian friend that is very proud of his heritage and knew that he would love that sheath and he sent it to him as a Christmas present, it's one that I made just before that Buck 110 sheath so since it was so close, I'll post it here too,

Indian.jpg~original

G2

Really nice work guys, your finishes and stitching are really top notch!

I thought I posted in this thread?
Anywho…

My last one of 2014, for a Western 46-8

My last one of the year was one of my Walking Dead Tribute sheaths, in other words what Daryl shoulda had and he wouldn't have lost the darn thing in the first place. :p

Nice Ebb and Dwayne!
G2

I just make sheaths for myself, I did this for a 13" chef knife that was too big for my knife block :D

Thanks John and G2!

Dwayne, Greg, way to close out the year :cool:

Nice work everyone!!! Really nice work. These sheaths were in the last group I did for 2014

wllJMp5.jpg

Two crossdraw pancakes with brands. Identical knives too, well as identical as damascus and stag can be. Presents for brothers.

j3CQdEH.jpg

This bowie was a present from a father to his 16 year old daughter, local folks. I don't do a lot of sheaths like this. Course I don't make a lot of bowies either.

trXUx7e.jpg

This was a skinner for our local horse Vet. He designed the blade. This is a Slot and Loop sheath. So this one is a crossdraw too, he's a lefty.

I am not sure which one was my last of the year - I was doing a batch - but I think this was the one.

SheathPics-1-5-153_zpsaa62fef5.jpg

SheathPics-1-5-154_zps41ad98c6.jpg

TF

Good stuff guys, and I know for some of you, trying to figure out which was last out of the many you make can't be easy! but it's a nice reference come next year when we view this thread anew ;)
G2

Back