Last Stand; Kukri In Hand

OK, they're pouring over the ridge next to the housing development you moved into to get out of the stressful City.

They're from another planet, or whacked out of their minds here at home, maybe they've been spoon-fed some political mantra and hate your guts on sight, or else they've been cloned and are running beserk: but they're here. There are tens of thousands of them- and that's just in your neighborhood. All across the Nation they are coming, they are here, they are armed and they take no prisoners. Oh, and they scream: AI YI YI YI YI !!

I would like to sign up officially for the:

LAST STAND, KHUK IN HAND CLUB

Anyone with a Kabar or Busse or Benchmade cannot be a member. If you prefer another type of blade that's great but you can't be in the Club.

Firearms are optional, but a STRONG recomendation, and you'll never be nominated for top rank postions in the Club if you intend to have no firearms with you at the critical time. That includes the Honorific for the guy who taps the Keg, and the guy who picks the CD selection on the stereo. It also includes the guy who stands in a field of succulent cacti next to a off-white industrial building whose product is not apparent. This is the guy who wore the Cleveland Indians Cap before they came back, and in his hand is the rod which turns the rainbird sprinklers on. I don't have to remind you this guy gets big bucks and knows all. Anyway, where was I?

Yes, who among you would prefer to go down with khukuri in hand? My other hand is clutching the .41 mag, and on my lap is the M1A.

I'm not sure, the image is getting hazy, but I think I have the Tyndale translation of the New Testament by my feet. Also, my wonderful sons were secreted away to safety a long time before the herd came over the ridge. I realize many more volunteered for Bunker duty than slots were available. I don't want to hear any more argument about that, either; I know your Grandmother is hard of hearing and the only one who knows the recipe to the Cherry Pie we agreed was the best at the picnic. Obviously, there will not be a cherry pie quite like it at the Bunker luncheons.

And yes, I know so and so's wife looks like a PlayBoy Model but that is not going to help us any now.

Who is with me, men?

munk, with either a Kesar 19" Chitlangi or a WWll 18" I don't own at present.

:p Munk, I had the exact same train of thought one night after taking my Soma, Vicodin, and having a couple of beers with my dinner. By the way, how's the old back doing (from a decrepit kukaphile to another)?

stevo

If you had thoughts like these you're probably on the List.

Back's doing OK. I'm letting my son's stack the wood, and that really helps. It's a big job for them, too, being only 8 and 4 years old.

Rooftop? You got it Danny. Which khuk did you decide to go down with?

munk

I might have an AK and 1000 rounds packed away for just such an occasion. The handle on my 19" Kumar villager matches the stock. Coincidence? I think not.

Munk, if they overrun my position you've got about 15 hours. I'll keep you posted.

Forget that! Raghorn, if it comes down to it, I'll join you or you can join me here. I'm surrounded by limestone cliffs; doesn't that sheild from radiation?

Anyway, I'd like to nominate you for the position of "Tong Master" on the barbecue. You realize in addition to your regular duties of patrol and perimeter defense, you'll be in charge of flipping the dogs, sausages, steaks, ribs, and chicken breasts on the barbecue?

munk

"maybe they've been spoon-fed some political mantra and hate your guts on sight" Sounds like day after election. Oh well, hanuman in one hand, kerambit in the other. Empty and cherry-red .50 beowulf at my feet. Works for me. I'll bring the keg who's got the tap? :p

Oh yeah!
I will doing the two to tango routine.

I will have my rod allen hanshee in one hand and my kerambit in the other.
(they work as a team)

Well, Mouse, the beowolf would be a good stopper as they massed in front of you.

Raghorn, with all your experience hunting, we may pull you off the perimeter and have you provide a constant stream of tasty Elk steaks on the Barbecue instead.

Btw-there are many unused, or unaddressed categories here. Reading material, for one. What book do you have with you at the end?

munk

Danny, with your level of training and expertise, you'd be wasted in most positions. We'll have you guard a General, no, wait; the Barbecue, you must guard our barbie!!

munk

A Texan at work once told my wife if the SHTF he would only have three things: A gun, plenty of ammo for that gun and even more toilet paper, cause people need toilet paper and it would be worth more than cash ;)

I'll add a fourth, my UBE, in honor of Uncle Bill himself :D

Well, with 20+ loaded 41 mag speedloaders ready to go, that seems reasonable to me.

I'll bring 3 16.5' Bura's and a Sher, 2 & 1/2 cases of 7.62x39 ammo and ...

Ill bring a couple cases more of the 7.62 ammo and my AK mag SKS to add to the armory! ;) My right hand will have my YCS and my left will have my Springfield 45. LOTS of mags with this baby. Ill guard your back on the rooftop Danny! :cool:

I'll join BUT I want to be the scout !! I want to go out before anyone else ,so I can use my K first & draw first blood! :D
THE DUCK! :cool:

im eating mushrooms right now, tomatoes and olives as well.
IS there something else I should do?

I'm on sniper detail. High cap 9, my speed rig WWII and falcata strapped across my back.

I'll help Danny zero in that Cetme so he can take the 500m close shots.

When we get some 30 or 50 cal rock & roll from the local Guard armory I'll set up a proper defensive perimeter with range cards.

Finally, a scenario that fits *my* skills!

ps: Danny - I'm glad to hear that my suggestion of the Hanshee/Kerambit combo works well!

Back