Latest drop point hunter and sheath

Recently finished this one up and am pretty happy with the sheath. I guess I should be, it's the third one I made for this knife. Oh well.. :)
This one I dyed as flat leather and once dry I formed it all up. Maybe you'all remember my dye experimentation a while back. This is the method I am most pleased with.
Comments welcome!

DropHunter1.jpg
DropHunter2.jpg
DropHunter3.jpg
DropHunter4.jpg

Looks very nice indeed Mark. Nice edges, stitching, finish all looks good. How is the retention? Like the knife too.

Hey thanks Dave. Appreciate your scrutiny. Retention is very good.
I know I owe you that wood. It's been buried under my desk. I will dig it out and send it.
I don't think I need the leather knives though. Credit maybe?

Yep I do that often on the grinder. Certain things work good that way. Use that Osborne as a template and make your own. You will rapidly tire of resharpening that Osborne. I've had about ten of em.

Recently finished this one up and am pretty happy with the sheath. I guess I should be, it's the third one I made for this knife. Oh well.. :)
This one I dyed as flat leather and once dry I formed it all up. Maybe you'all remember my dye experimentation a while back. This is the method I am most pleased with.
Comments welcome!

View attachment 1025429
View attachment 1025430
View attachment 1025431
View attachment 1025432
Awesome blade profile. As a user I appreciate the work it can do. As a maker ...what steel is it made of?

Back