Latest patterns in "figured" molded solid Carbon Fiber

Thought I would dump some pics of the latest patterns here rather than in other threads.

This pattern is called "HerringCone" as it is based on the common sawtooth herringbone combined with the imagery of resin-infused pinecone scales.

What you are looking at is solid carbon fiber molded about 1/4" thick into the texture, which goes all throughout the thickness, then its machined down to common knife scale thickness of .180" and you see the chatoyance of the "figure" even though machined flat - exactly the way real figured wood is.

Will be testing some 2 mil stainless steel interleaf into this pattern next week.
HerringCone.JPG

Here is the first test of metal interleaf:
CF-Solid-half inch-plus-BrassInterleafclsp.JPG

Stunning stuff. How do we purchase some?

I just added my email to signature line - a little easier than going through my non-updated website (for the moment). I usually send full scale pairs as free samples, but thats getting a little pricey ($69.00 per pair), so just sending cutoffs of my primary patterns - plenty enough to start grinding to see how cool this stuff is, then you get to choose between patterns. Just finished new molds in micro-quilt (6A quilted like the guitar below) and recently laminated three layers of aluminum in the HerringCone below. Did Stainless Steel foil, but it doesn't look as good - buckling and adhesion problems. Testing some Mumetal foil soon (mostly nickel). Sterling silver would work great if anyone can afford the additional $700.00 per sq ft per layer. Copper is a good choice too. Likely going to do a lamination in which I run foil every other layer of CF.

Prices start at $450.00 per sq ft. HerringCone Micro-quilt and other specialty patterns are $650.00 for minimum thickness (.110 - .160")
FiguredFiber-ChatoyanceTxt.JPG

HerringCone-Alum-clsp.JPG

HerrinCone-Scales-within-panel.JPG

New pattern after extensive retooling to make more CF panels. The long awaited (for me, anyway) "MicroQuilt" pattern:
microquilt-jpg.826826

Back