Latest Reveal

Are they? I don't follow every thread but I haven't ever really noticed too many "bring back the Manix 2 back lock!" ones popping up. Maybe I just overlook them. But anyway, black scales and S30V just isn't enough to get me excited and ready to open my wallet, especially not at $156. Maybe when we get a BladeHQ or DLT exclusive version with something fancier, or a lightweight Salt version in LC200N then I'll bite, but in this configuration, it's pretty unlikely.

No - I do not see much saying about bringing back Manix lock back.

As for Native Chief, it would be great if there will be sprint runs but I'd be happy to just get the s30v g10 version at $156. If I have budget for only one new Spyderco release, this will be the one.

The Chief is going to be a big hit! That said, I'm buying the first version. Maybe down the road I'll buy a sprint or exclusive.

Maybe when we get a BladeHQ or DLT exclusive version with something fancier, or a lightweight Salt version in LC200N then I'll bite, but in this configuration, it's pretty unlikely.

I’d like to see LC200N with the current G10 configuration (Native Chief). Seems like it would be an amazing fishing folder.

I’d like to see LC200N with the current G10 configuration (Native Chief). Seems like it would be an amazing fishing folder.

Yeah I could see that. To make it a Salt they would need to change out the other parts too. So I'm not sure that the linerless construction really matters unless they just change the blade steel and don't call it a Salt. That's what they did with the Never Summer Native 5 Lightweight.

Well, at the first look I dont like the Chief that much.....
But the more I am looking at it, the more I like it. Nice 4 inch blade in lightweight package, lockback, blade profile is kinda similar to Waterway, which I like very much.
I think I am going to buy this one (or a Caribbean).

I'm going to try to snag the CF Shaman... and the Native Chief... (and then sneak them into the house)

I'm going to try to snag the CF Shaman... and the Native Chief... (and then sneak them into the house)

Not very shaman or chief-like behavior. :p

(Then again, every conflict avoided is a kinda, sorta victory. ;))

Native Chief is the one that's on my list. I also think the Byrd Cara Cara 2 with the wave feature is pretty cool.

Back