Latest Sheath and a Question

bike4fun919

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I just finished up this sheath.
I have a question I hope some of you can help.
The stud measures .27" in diameter. What size hole punch should I use to get the proper fit on the stud and should there be a slit on either side of the hole with two really small holes at the end of those slits (or should there only be one expansion slit?)
Sorry if this is vague but I'd like help in getting this right. Thanks in advance!

I use an Osborne #6 punch (3/16") for this and a half inch wood chisel to cut the slit. I cut the slit only on the uphill side not both sides. Put your knife in the sheath and then pull the strap down into position and use the stud to mark your hole position. I go just a hair upstream of the mark as the strap will stretch with use as will the stud hole in the strap. So ya want both of these a little tight at first.

I use an Osborne #6 punch (3/16") for this and a half inch wood chisel to cut the slit. I cut the slit only on the uphill side not both sides. Put your knife in the sheath and then pull the strap down into position and use the stud to mark your hole position. I go just a hair upstream of the mark as the strap will stretch with use as will the stud hole in the strap. So ya want both of these a little tight at first.
Perfect! Thanks so much for the help!

BTW I don't make a small hole on the chisel slit end. I use to years ago but stopped, not really necessary.

This worked perfectly! It was spot on with the advise. Thanks again..

Back