Latest Short Sword!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
One of my favorite blades to make has always been short swords!

Despite the great difficultly inherent in making these, they are still a lot of fun to make.

This is my most recent short sword design (I have yet to come up with a name), and is part of a 3 piece set commissioned by a client.

This particular model was designed to serve as both a tool and a defensive tool if necessary.

The blade is tip heavy, making it a very good chopper while still possessing a lot of piercing ability.

The handle is skeletonized, and the blade is very lively in the hand relative to the size.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how this came out.

Now to make more!

Thanks for looking! :D

- Precision Ground A2
- 58 - 59 HRC
- .25" Stock
- Fine Hand Rubbed Satin Finish
- Double Hollow Grind Utilizing a 14" Contact Wheel
- Textured G10 Handles, Secured with Screws and Epoxy
- 23.75" OAL, Cutting Edge of 15.5"

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Where is this...

You should mock one up but with another 2in in blade length, 1in in handle, and make the tip more of a Japansese tip with some strength behind the edge...

I think the pointy one is kickass, and I think one as I sort of described above would be more useful and as kickass :)

I'm going to make a fund for a sword like this from you..

Cheers!

Where is this...

You should mock one up but with another 2in in blade length, 1in in handle, and make the tip more of a Japansese tip with some strength behind the edge...

I think the pointy one is kickass, and I think one as I sort of described above would be more useful and as kickass :)

I'm going to make a fund for a sword like this from you..

Cheers!

Thanks!

This was part of a 3 piece set of short swords commissioned by an active member of the armed forces.

It was kind of hard to let this one go. The balance was awesome for the size and the whole package came out great.

This one is a capable tool, but he wanted more of a weapon feel; hence the acute tip.

I'd be happy to make another one whenever you are ready!

Back