LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

hey Codge,, riddle me this please, as I'm going insane trying to answer all my questions about UH's.. myself & my 2 older brothers all received a UH papa bear on our 10th. birthday mine I got in 78,, my 2nd oldest brother in "74" his is a 3 pin with a stainless UH shield w/lb7 & no serial #,, This is not suppose to be ,,,,right ????

We might be able to help if we saw detailed pictures.

One of the most often posted questions over the years has been regarding the LB7 stamps, pins, and serial numbers. I am fairly sure that many of you here now have one or more LB7s, and it would be of great help if you could list for me the serial numbers, pins, and tang stamps. My off-forum survey so far has proven inconclusive on dating the changes of the four main tangstamp variants, and how they relate to the pin changes, packaging, and serial numbers. Also, I have recorded a few (very few) LB8s with serials. If you would like to help, please list your knives this way:
R09860 - Six pin
Schrade
USA -LB7

1. D25654 - four pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

2. Q81829 - three pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

3. AY81596 - three pin, MAC etch.
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A .

4. No Ser# three pin, tan box
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A .

Thanks!

Michael
5. R09860 - 6 pin
Schrade
LB7 USA

5. R09860 - 6 pin
Schrade
LB7 USA
A 6 pin LB7? Are you sure about that?

Regarding afishhunters's post, yeah, sorry. An LB7 made in China would be irrelevant in this thread as we are trying to stick to posting information about, and photo's of the original made in The U.S.A. knives here.
You are most welcome to watch, ask questions, and learn about the real thing though. ;)

I purchased my new while working in Tucson. I think it was about 1978.

It seems stamped with :

X43279
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A .

Three pins (two brass, one stainless) in the wooden grips.

I would love to know its year of origin. I bought this knife to commemorate my Tucson trip, and I clean and polish it from time to time while recalling my days there staying at the Arizona Inn.

Thanks!

Nick

if you peruse this thread in it is the break down of year of manufacture by serial number. the great guys here have done the best they could to arrange it.

just got this one in. it is the "highest" serialed number one with 4 pins i have seen.
4 pin
Schrade +
USA LB 7
Q2980

I like the non-stainless model, also.

ve810o.jpg

I bought a LB7 back in the '70s and just dug it out, still new, unused. A little tarnish that cleaned right up. Thanks for the folks did all the work in this thread!

Schrade+
4 Pin

Black Leather Sheath.

It is a heck of a folding lockback.

Too bad they went to the double spring in later years.

What is really amazing is all the variations SFOs, Scrims etc...

Deja box! I was digging yesterday in a box of knives and came across three I had forgotten about. A laser engraved Harley Davidson SFO, a four pin in the 8xxx,xxx range and a spanking new in the box (with verdigris) LB-8.

Back