LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

Hi
Dont quote me but I think there were 25000 made, number on top of bloster 21924

engraved.jpg

Mistersat
Were the photos you posted of the LB7s taken in a photo tent?? I purchased one today for more even lighting and consistant results and Im wondering what it will be like when i use it?
Your picks have nice detail but I would like my blades and bolsters to be a little brighter, did you have them outside in tent on bright day or other? Any suggestions you may have would be valued.
Regards Tim

Here are the ones I've got. Take care. :)

Serial # 3643 (No Box; Dark Brown Sheath)
Four Pin
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A.

No Serial # (Black & Gray Box "Sharp Idea"; Tan Sheath)
Three pin
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A.

I bought my first Schrade today, (I collect early Buck 110's), and would like to help.

Serial #Z87818
3 Pin
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 USA

Hope this helps!

Just came today, LB7 four pin type, with serial number.

J83167
SCHRADE +
USA LB7

Rusty1

Here are a few.
No #
4 pin custom FG
Schrade +
USA LB7
No #
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LB7
NO D25654
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LB7

No X33734
3 Pin

Uncle Henry
Schrade +
LB7 USA

No AV62834
Uncle Henry
Schrade +
LB7 USA
The last two are both 3pin Uncle Henry Schrade + Lb7 USA knives.One looks like the others,and one looks like the Craftsman LB7 you say is made by Camillas.It has the shorter blade,small nail nick,and different cut to blade.I hope this helps Arnold

Hey Codger,
Here are three more LB7s for your survey.

Serial # G83029
(White Box with "By Schrade Cutlery Corp")
(Dark Brown Sheath)
Four Pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

Serial # P74462
(No Box)
(Tan Sheath)
Three pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

Serial # X9577
(No Box)
(Burgundy Sheath)
Three Pin
SCHRADE+
U.S.A. LB7

Thanks! Every listing I add helps. Your #X9577 is among the last numbers I've seen without the Uncle Henry signature. It still would have been in the white box with Schrade Cutlery Corp. on the top in gold print.

I've not been keeping up with the sheath's colors. They tended to change with the company's suppliers and customers style preferences. Accessory sheaths and replacement sheaths add to the mix as do customer's own leather dye and treatments. Do you have the black one with a metal clip on the back? Or the tube style with the heavy tooling?

Michael

No black sheaths nor any of the fancy tooled ones either. This burgundy one is the first I've seen like it. But like you said all of the sheaths vary so much. I've seen three different ways to do belt attachment so far.

One is where a flat peice of leather is sewn on the back. Another is a peice of leather sewn on, but so it sticks out from the back of the sheath and makes a loop because of the way it's sewn. The last one is flat back sheath with two slots cut in the leather. No extra leather sewn on.

Take care, Glenn.

Then it might be time for me to dig up an old post on sheaths. Wanna see it?:)

OK, Here are a few of what I have:

There is the number "815" in the bolster, but it looks hand etched, so....
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LB7
Staglon Hnadle with Uncle Henry Shield

No Ser #
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LB7

No Ser #
3 Pin
Uncle Henry
Schrade +
LB7 USA

No Ser #
3 Pin
Uncle Henry
Schrade +
LB7 USA

No Ser #
3 Pin
Uncle Henry
Schrade +
LB7 USA
Brown Sheath

Ser # R13064
3 Pin
Schrade +
LB7 USA
Brown Sheath

No Ser #
3 Pin
Schrade +
USA LTD
Maroon Micarta Handles, nickle silver bolsters

No Ser #
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LTD
White Micarta Handles, nickle silver bolsters

No Ser #
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA 507SC
Plain Scrimshaw handles (no design)

No Ser #
3 Pin
Schrade +
USA LTD
Drop point blade with Birdseye maple handles

No Ser #
3 Pin
Schrade +
LB7 USA
Classic Car Series '53 Vette, series Ser #2285
Knife only, no box or sheath

No Ser #
3 Pin
Schrade +
LB7 USA
Classic Car Series '53 Vette, series Ser #0631
Original collector series box with sheath

No Ser #
4 Pin
Schrade +
USA LTD
Limited Edition Apollo 11 Commemorative Knife #4849
Original Sheath, but not original box

I've got a few more I can post later. Right now it's past my bedtime.

Here is a scan of the black basketweave LB-7 sheath with the pocket/belt clip on the back circa 1985. It had the Schrade accessory item number of SAS18:

They also offered the same design in 1986 with the regular sewn belt loop.

Michael

One thing about the sheaths that may prove helpful is who made them and when. If there were any old contracts laying around it might help putting a timeline together. I know Schrade did some of there own, but when they did contract out, there should have been a paper trail somewhere. Now, are they still available?

Just ran on to one. Imay have been told wrong, but the seller said the serial was ISH51087. This is a 4 pin with black sheath.
Did they ever have 3 letters?

Not to my knowledge. Ask to see a closeup photo or scan of the serial.

"ISH51087" could be "1541087", but even that is large for a serial. "I541087" is possible too. AA thru AZ and BB are the high range of double alphas seen so far, but BB appears to be earlier than AZ.

i am going to visit my son in 2 days and bring a knife as a gift. the LB7 is my favorite and as he hunts and works as a lineman, i think it fits. below are pics of a near mint 4 pin, which i wonder if it might be from 1979, the year he was born. this would make it perfect. i know from a Codger post that 1978 serial #s went up to 268,071. any best guesses on what the serial # was at the end of 1979 ? when was the "A" added ?
listed are my 3 4-pin LB7s (more in the mail !). the first is the one i hope might be '79 (tho unlikely)
1) #B29808
SCHRADE+
4 pin
dark brown sheath (mint)

2)#210012
SCHRADE+
4 pin
no sheath

3) #G1104
SCHRADE+
4 pin
no sheath