LB7 Bear Paw LB Survey

Testing the imgur posting links / process.

N1qNO3H.jpg

New to the forum.
Here's my LB7, it was an auction score at the bottom of an odd box lot I bought for $3.00.
The serial number is Q57241.
From what I'm reading this is a replacement knife.
I cannot post any pictures for some reason.
Any suggestions how to do so?

a replacement knife would have no serial number. i have a 4 pin sans serial number. unfortunately got it the replacement route hate losing a good knife that i have worked on to open properly.

Is this thread still looking for info? I haven't read the whole forum yet, I'll get to it, but has the mystery of serial numbers been figured out yet?

Here's my LB7

Serial #AV61931
3 pins in the wood handle, 1 pin in the brass pivot point.
Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 USA

Made in the mid 80's based on this thread???? Any ideas???

I found this one in the dirt. No idea how long it was there. I'm just curious how old it is. Also, how advisable is it to take it apart for cleaning? It could use it. Not in bad shape, just dirty.

Last edited:
mid 80's would be a good guess, as far as taking it apart it is pretty tricky to get back together. when mine get dirty i just flood it with mineral oil and wipe down.

I have a Schrade LB7 with the Serial # Z5520. 4-pin

Uncle Henry
SCHRADE+
LB7 U.S.A.

Could use some help with a possible date.

Most SFO's and limited editions would not have serial numbers, unless stamped on the mark (nail nick) side of the bolster. Serialized production LB7s had them on the edge of that bolster per the picture below.

This is my earliest one, the 326th one made in 1977. This is an LB7NS SFO.

Michael

U97987 - 3 pin
SCHRADE+
USA LB7

Just recently rediscovering some of my old Schrades, so I thought I would add my LB7 info to this thread.

was just wondering, when Schrade stopped using the serial numbering system didn't they stop the lifetime warranty against loss at the same time?

well duh you are correct, let me rephrase then. after they stopped serializing the LB7 did they not stop the loss replacement warrenty?

well duh you are correct, let me rephrase then. after they stopped serializing the LB7 did they not stop the loss replacement warrenty?
Good question and I don't know the answer as a fact that I can document. And a guess really won't suffice. The limited lifetime warranty continued to the end IIRC. It was against defects in material and workmanship. I think that may be where you got confused.

AV80237
3 pin
uncle henry
schrade +
LB7 USA
MAC etched on blade stamped side (would this mean 1985-86?)

Back