LC200N Customs - Books Closed

I managed to squeeze one more little blade out of the remaining steel left by the waterjet process. It's going to be heat treated with the rest of them. Shipped them all to Jarod today.

View attachment 1473876

Ended up saving weight by going with a pin slot instead of holes.
View attachment 1473874
That little one looks like it would do great cutting roses out of radishes:rolleyes:. I think it would make a wonderful addition to any set of knives.:eek:

Done Martin, and I had another request for one after you as well. That Street Beat pattern is popular.

To anyone else who's on the fence about getting your first David Mary custom in rustproof LC200N, the green profiles in the image below are not commissions. I can bump them off so I can fit your requests in, or I will end up making them and selling (or something in similar size) on the Exchange. You still have a small window if to get in if you want something before I draw up the CAD file and get this to the waterjet.

LC200N%20Steel%20sheet%20for%20nesting%20update%20green.jpg

is mine the bottom left?

Excellent looking stuff. Has anyone claimed the boning knife? If not how much would it be with black textured g-10 handle slabs and black g-10 pins and black kydex sheath?

also what are the specs? (probably should have led with that one)

Thank you Justin! Yes, I like the design as well, but it didn't make the final cut. In fact, it didn't make it onto my AEB-L sheet either. I thought it would be a design that would garner interest, but aside from a couple that were commissions, I have had one in 15N20 that has been sitting on the exchange since last year, so it seemed like not enough people shared my enthusiasm about the design. I don't want to collect a pile of blanks that I think are great designs but won't be able to sell.

Forgot to mention: I have 5 more of this design in blank form in 15N20 as well. Basically, if I get through those I might consider making the design in stainless, but for now, I have other designs I want to try out, including some similar to my "Super Pointy Wharncliffe".

Still didn't come, but the order Jarod shipped out just before this one for me is finally listed in Canada Post website as scheduled to arrive by the end of the day Monday. That should indicate the LC200N is close to follow. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Hardened blanks arrived today. I am just finishing up the last order in my book that comes before the LC200N orders, and then I will move on to these and start knocking them out. Stay tuned.

Good afternoon friends. Just a quick update to let you know that the knives for all LC200N orders have been built and at this point only need sheaths, sharpening, maker's mark and some final finishing. I am still awaiting the new stencils with the updated maker's mark and steel type to arrive in the mail. They were shipped from TUS Monday of last week, so I do expect them soonish, but I was not given a tracking number, so exactly how soon I can't say for sure, but I have my fingers crossed for next week.

If anyone wishes not to wait, get in touch and let me know, and I am willing use my old maker's mark for you and get yours out the door.

Old mark:
DMC smaller.jpg

New mark:
Maple DMC LC200N small.jpg

Back