LC200N Neck Knife, inspired by Spyderco, and designed by my friend

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good evening BFFs! In the nearish future, I expect half a dozen units of the following design coming back from heat treatment.

1632014704533.png

As may be readily apparent to those who know it, the Spyderco knife upon which this new offering is based is the ARK, aka Always Ready Knife. My good friend D Dave_dutchman owns the ARK, and I had the pleasure of handling it on one occasion as well when I was able to get back to my home town to visit him. He likes it, but feels that a wharncliffe blade would be more suitable for his needs in a small necker, as he found that the exaggerated belly of the ARK tended to slip off as much as cut. He also said he wouldn't mind if it were a little longer.

He sent me the following photo, from which I transferred the design to CAD to have it cut from my LC200N sheet by Jarod.

Ouderk-Ark Wharncliffe.jpg

I will not be taking deposits on these, but I will take names for Right of First Refusal commitments on these. Meaning, if you post here and say "I'll take one", then you will get first dibs before anyone else, and if the time comes and you can no longer go through with it for some reason, then it will simply go to the next person in line, and so on. Base price on these when finished will be $135 sheathed and shipped. Handle and sheath material upgrades will be possible within that base price as well, given the size of this knife, unless something is requested that I don't have in stock. I anticipate these will be back from cutting and heat treatment within 2 to 4 months, and I will provide updates as I know more.

So if you are pretty certain you want one, post below to say you'll take one, and I will get in touch once I'm ready to start making them.

Cheers!

Thank you John, you are first in line.

Hey.....the "Always" name is mine....haha šŸ˜
Or so I thought.
Looks like a great blade.
I'll have to think a little bit, I would like to see how my Extra thick AEB-L blade feels, which is going to be similar. But bigger.

I'm curious about the specs of yours?

David can I get in on this also? Your work continues to impress, really hoping for hard thin with lanyard hole.

Good evening BFFs! In the nearish future, I expect half a dozen units of the following design coming back from heat treatment.

View attachment 1642987

As may be readily apparent to those who know it, the Spyderco knife upon which this new offering is based is the ARK, aka Always Ready Knife. My good friend D Dave_dutchman owns the ARK, and I had the pleasure of handling it on one occasion as well when I was able to get back to my home town to visit him. He likes it, but feels that a wharncliffe blade would be more suitable for his needs in a small necker, as he found that the exaggerated belly of the ARK tended to slip off as much as cut. He also said he wouldn't mind if it were a little longer.

He sent me the following photo, from which I transferred the design to CAD to have it cut from my LC200N sheet by Jarod.

View attachment 1642988

I will not be taking deposits on these, but I will take names for Right of First Refusal commitments on these. Meaning, if you post here and say "I'll take one", then you will get first dibs before anyone else, and if the time comes and you can no longer go through with it for some reason, then it will simply go to the next person in line, and so on. Base price on these when finished will be $135 sheathed and shipped. Handle and sheath material upgrades will be possible within that base price as well, given the size of this knife, unless something is requested that I don't have in stock. I anticipate these will be back from cutting and heat treatment within 2 to 4 months, and I will provide updates as I know more.

So if you are pretty certain you want one, post below to say you'll take one, and I will get in touch once I'm ready to start making them.

Cheers!
If they r anywhere near the quality of knife u made for me these will be awesome

Thank you so much!

David can I get in on this also? Your work continues to impress, really hoping for hard thin with lanyard hole.

Yessir, you're in. Blade hardness should be comparable to your first LC blade from me, since both will have been heat treated by Jarod. And lanyard hole, check!

Hey.....the "Always" name is mine....haha šŸ˜
Or so I thought.

Words starting with A invoking positive thoughts have all kinds of people fighting over them for their product names.

I'll have to think a little bit, I would like to see how my Extra thick AEB-L blade feels, which is going to be similar. But bigger.

I'm curious about the specs of yours?

Oh my these are in a completely different size range than your Always design. These are little neckers, and your design is like a giant p'kal.

These little guys are .084" thick, 147.519 mm overall length, with plans for a ~67 mm cutting edge.

David, the updated design/wharnie would not hurt my feelings at all if it were in my pocket.

I've looked over and liked the spyderco product, but did not ever purchase one exactly due to the exaggerated edge curve up to the tip.

can u do different colors ?
say White?
if so I am in !!

Absolutely I can, so I guess that puts you at third in line, leaving three that are still open to be claimed.

Or fourth, if this was meant to be a claim?

David, the updated design/wharnie would not hurt my feelings at all if it were in my pocket.

These are ground and I'm awaiting a few replies on handle material choices. Coldest workday of the year so far, so my hands got nice and numb on this one, especially with the air coming off the belt, and my hand constantly dipping the blades.... But very excited for these little cutters!

IMG_4293.JPG

Back