Lead Time for Koster Orders - Your Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on 2 years for a Bushcraft; hoping to receive in 2016. Ignoring communication is not ok for the average pre order buyer; tends to make people very nervous. Just a quick 'sorry it's gonna be at least xx months' goes a long way. I have faith that Dan will come thru though, ultimately.

In a semi related story, I backed the E-Ink Earl GPS tablet. Kind of a GPS/Kindle. Well, that's a whole 'nother story that went much MUCH worse. 2200 backers at $250 a pop and...NUTHIN :thumbdn: No updates, no product, no hope.

unlike the E-link Earl GPS/Kindle-(I want one too) the Bushcraft -you will get- and it will still be totally up to date and functional.

Yes. Whatever I send out is the latest and greatest version but kept at the original pricing when ordered. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dan,

Like said in many threads, you are VERY GOOD knifemaker and the anticipation is so huge towards your knives. That is also the reason for critisism - it is so painful to wait for the knives which are nearly done. So close and so far away!

I wish that your karma will have mercy and will not cause any unpredictable delays.

All the best,
Finnhunt

Daniel,

I just sent you an email about the EDC that I had on order. It was number 27 and paid in full and you said that you would sell my spot on the list and refund my payment. It looks like my spot on the list is sold.

I ordered & deposited on a WSS back in November of 2014. I thought there was a "list" you could check your order on? I can't find that and I am not on Facebook. Heck, I don't even know what my order number is. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a week long back country camping trip coming up in a month. I know I am dreaming and it ain't happening, but I would sure love to have my first Koster for my annual adventure trip. But reading these posts makes me think, I might not have it until the 2018 trip! :eek:

I am not the kinda person who is rude publically about custom builds being slow. In all fairness his website & threads pretty much so leads one to understand it is a slow, one man process. I just wish there was a easier way to check or maybe get some updates. Even if it is "I haven't even started on yours yet". lol

I ordered & deposited on a WSS back in November of 2014. I thought there was a "list" you could check your order on? I can't find that and I am not on Facebook. Heck, I don't even know what my order number is. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a week long back country camping trip coming up in a month. I know I am dreaming and it ain't happening, but I would sure love to have my first Koster for my annual adventure trip. But reading these posts makes me think, I might not have it until the 2018 trip! :eek:

I am not the kinda person who is rude publically about custom builds being slow. In all fairness his website & threads pretty much so leads one to understand it is a slow, one man process. I just wish there was a easier way to check or maybe get some updates. Even if it is "I haven't even started on yours yet". lol

Here is the list RicFlair, not that it will help speed things up. I'm at almost 3 years now when he said it would be ready a year ago.
http://kosterknives.com/WSS2014.htm

I am still trying to confirm my order of about 16 months ago ever even got on one of his lists. I know he got my deposit and exchanged email confirming it at the time, but my name never got onto the Bushmaster list ( I sense the published list is way older than my order). I left it for over a year and just a couple weeks ago sent an email to check if my name is even on a list, no demands, just wanted to confirm that my order just exists somewhere . . . no response . . .

... I realize the art of knifemaking does not necessarily translate into artful customer service, but i keep seeing what appears to be a steady stream of knives to the mass trade, so we know knives are being made . . . just not those that paid deposits a year and a half or more ago? Just knowledge that there is an accurate production list somewhere (one more updated that the years old ones that are available via published links), and not just a void would be appreciated . . .

In my experience you will eventually get the knife you ordered, but you'll get it when you get it and not when you think you ought to get it.
The distributors seem to be dealing with the same situation, and as far as I can tell they wait years to receive their knives as well.

Don't hold your breath. Knivesshipfree just recently dropped them off their site due to extremely slow or no delivery at all. It's sad to have a great product, but no business behind it.

I am currently at two years waiting for a MUCK with a deposit made of $85.00. No updates or email responses. One of the worst dealings I have ever experienced it knife world.

I would find another maker to have a knife made. Too many choices to be jerked around by this one.

Martin.

I placed an order for a bushmaster in August 2012. I still haven't received it. 2 years ago, he said that my knife was about ready to be glued and he needed the full amount to be paid. It would just be a couple of days before my knife would ship.... I did pay the amount and I am still waiting.
What really bothers me is the lack of response to any communication. I religiously send him an email every quarter for the last 3 years, asking for an update, and NEVER get an answer. It has become a running joke with my wife now.
Shame because that bushmaster knife is really nice! I ended up buying one off Knifeshipfree....

I placed an order for a bushmaster in August 2012. I still haven't received it. 2 years ago, he said that my knife was about ready to be glued and he needed the full amount to be paid. It would just be a couple of days before my knife would ship.... I did pay the amount and I am still waiting.
What really bothers me is the lack of response to any communication. I religiously send him an email every quarter for the last 3 years, asking for an update, and NEVER get an answer. It has become a running joke with my wife now.
Shame because that bushmaster knife is really nice! I ended up buying one off Knifeshipfree....

I'm not sure why Dan isn't banned yet.....this is so ridiculous.

I've not been waiting as long as some, but it's been over two years since I made a deposit. Find the lack of communication a little frustrating.

There's a bunch of Bushmasters for sale on DLT Trading as of today (Friday). Sure wish I had my Bushcraft- been on the waiting list since 9-1-2014.

Last edited:
I ordered the K-Tusk from Dan , I believe I might have had the last one , it was worth the wait , luck was on my side . Thanks Dan !

Wow, GPKnives now has Bushcraft knives in stock. I've been waiting since 9-1-2014. I paid a non-refundable materials deposit. Sure wish I hadn't done that.

http://www.gpknives.com/daniel-koster-bushcraft-3v-fixed-blade-natural-micarta.html (current as of 5-24-16)

What!:mad: I've been waiting since Feb 2016 and now he's ignoring my emails. I sent 3 very polite, spaced out months apart with all my order info, and they were ignored. I just wanted to see if I'm in the books as I don't see my order on his 2012 bushcraft list(though the URL has 2012 in it so maybe it's old).

It's straight up fraud. You can't just take orders and payments without delivering. It sounds like this has happened multiple times so I just wanted to chime in so others can avoid being bilked for hundreds of dollars. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back