Learn to spot em! - Post 2004 Schrade Replica Knives

yep i have never seen one etched like that for the "Schrade Walden". etching on the blade but not the identifier part. somebody went to a lot of trouble to sell this one. i think i have a 160 OT with any identifier on the blade. they could have gotten one of those and tried to pass it off as a Schrade Walden?

Something fishy with the text that says Schrade. It doesn't seem to be engraved the way it should be. More like a rolled on print of some sort.

That's what I was thinking the font of the text is off and looks etched on. Also no N.Y. and no serial number.

Shout out to Larry303 for keeping his pictures active and up for comparison.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Deerslayer-s-from-1964-photos?highlight=15ot

Yes, a huge difference.

yep i have never seen one etched like that for the "Schrade Walden". etching on the blade but not the identifier part. somebody went to a lot of trouble to sell this one. i think i have a 160 OT with any identifier on the blade. they could have gotten one of those and tried to pass it off as a Schrade Walden?

A curiosity indeed! Yet there is so much about it that says genuine. It may well be a complete original. Remember that the "PAT. PEND" mark was first etched. Someone send it to me and I will compare with early originals. M'kay?

Look closely at the shield and rivets. Look at the sheath. The paper and box. Now the marking is curious but... compare the Pat Pend etch to a known early original.

10q9p3k.jpg

Look closely at the shield and rivets. Look at the sheath. The paper and box. Now the marking is curious but... compare the Pat Pend etch to a known early original.

I dunno Codger, the one fatcity67 linked to still looks suspect to me. I even enlarged the photos the seller posted.

I've looked at every Schrade Walden 15OT on sale or sold on the site. Every single one has N.Y. In the stamp. Also as far as I can tell the grain of the blade finish is going the wrong direction compared to all SW15OT's I looked at.

Gentlemen,

If I could get an opinion on this one, I'd appreciate it. I just found it in a pawn shop in TX.

5F85AF8F-7FDC-4D31-96AA-C03B46FEA35C_zpsdcabqusz.jpg

26D5E994-BA25-4637-8D0C-331317EF41CE_zpsi0aukjvz.jpg

FE421451-4839-463F-9F2E-CE7D16CFEF0A_zpscscqv41h.jpg

Thank you.

That is an early 4 pin Schrade knife.
I agree with Ken. It looks original, and without looking at the numbers I'm thinking early eighties?
About the sheath, I have seen both light and dark Brown ones with genuine Schrades.

Thanks folks. I got 1978 as well from an earlier post in this thread. The edge is a little coarse but I'm not sure what a 1978 edge looked like.

Now, would it be a sin to remove the patina?:p

That edge doesn't look original to me. Some light stropping should clean it up. The patina is so even on that LB7 it looks like it was factory aged. The LB7 is so ubiquitous I wouldn't remove the patina on this one.

:thumbup:I'll leave it as-is for now. Reading the thread you linked, it looks like this one is literally "one in a million".:cool:

Back