Leather drop down belt - Plus

kgd

I really like the fit and lock-up of kydex, but I really don't care that much for a high riding sheath. Sometimes leather sheaths suffer from the same problem unless they are a dangling sheath or the integrated belt loop is placed mid-way through the sheath.

There are drop down belts that can be used, but every time I've seen one it is a rather unattractive piece of black nylon strapping.

I was wondering if some of you sheath gurus out there have considered making an attractive drop down leather belt. One could also be a little more enterprising in designing such a thing to provide for example a small backing strap or such with firesteel loop, flashlight loop or tiny pouch.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks for your creative considerations...

I'm having trouble "seeing" what you're describing....I'm sure someone will come along and will know just what you are looking for...meanwhile...if you can rough sketch it, I'd like to ponder it.

I have an idea of what you are referring to. How about something like this only made out of leather?

Attachments

• 141293224_325kF-L.jpg
    141293224_325kF-L.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 38
Yes Ken that is exactly what I am talking about. One of things I was trying to think about would be to have a firesteel loop or flashlight loop on one of the verticle straps, and maybe a small pouch on the other verticle strap. The pouch could accomodate tinder or a small sharpener.

Rainwalker came up with a kydex drop loop that looked very nice. Oku also has a drop leg system that works very well. I'll see if I can find that pic, its on the Scrap Yard forum......

Back