Leather Sheath Ideas for the Light Chopper?

AR-Trvlr

Gold Member
Who has a leather sheath for the light chopper, or similar knives? I'm going to make my own, but would like some ideas to get the ball rolling.

Also, what's your preferred method of carry? Dangler? Cross-draw? Horizontal at the small of your back?

Here are a couple leather sheaths that I had Mark Condos make for my Light Choppers (knifeleather on BF). I'm a big fan of his work.

here's the proto sheath I made for the LC, which is not great, but it works well. I believe the kydex version is based somewhat on this.

Thanks for the ideas. Time to start noodling on paper to figure out what I want.

zmbhtfr guy at the top./

What does he charge for that top brown one with ferro rod loop? Please dont tell me to contact him.. I just want a short answer

Thanks

zmbhtfr guy at the top./

What does he charge for that top brown one with ferro rod loop? Please dont tell me to contact him.. I just want a short answer

Thanks

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was roughly $150 with the firesteel and dangler.

those are aluminum rivets you can buy at the hardware store. Simple simple.

If I send you some, will you replace those with copper rivets, you cheap bastard? :D

I've yet to make a dangler sheath like that, because I'm convinced it'll swing up and bank me in the chones... Am I just being superstitious? I worry about my chones. I like my chones. But I have to admit, the additional range of movement that method offers is intriguing.

zmbhntr, those sheaths look like some great work, and appear to be worth every penny. Nice!

with chones as big as yours, I'm surprised you don't bank them all the time!
Please sir, can you spare a copper rivet?

If ever end up scoring myself a Light Chopper, it will be headed to Armoralleather for a sheath. Now, just to work on getting a chopper....

While I don't have a LC sheath from Condos Leather (I went with the kydex w/dangler) I do have 2 horizontal cross draw sheaths from Mark at Condos, and his work is stellar, as is his customer service. He will work with you on what you want or need in a leather sheath in terms of cosmetics & custom stuff.
Highly recommended!

Here are a couple leather sheaths that I had Mark Condos make for my Light Choppers (knifeleather on BF). I'm a big fan of his work.

I've been working on this sheath for awhile now. Too long, actually.
It will be covered in 8-9oz veg tanned leather, treated with Snoseal.
Titanium standoffs with peined brass pins and lined with h20 fabric.
The fastener poking out will be a pivot for the tecloc belt loop thing.

Interesting... What the heck is H20 fabric?

Is the blade held in with pressure/tension from the aluminum?

...I'm guessing at this point that you don't need those copper rivets anymore. ;)

the fabric is a super light version of hypalon. I called it what I did because I liked the way each sentence was the same length :)
yes on the tension front. Once the sheath is wrapped, there'll be a secondary safety
when does anyone NOT need copper rivets!
send some :)

Back