• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Leather sheaths, swamp Rat Ratmandu

Status
Not open for further replies.

duramax

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello,

Have some leather sheaths I made up.

If you’d like better pics or questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Quick question: out of curiosity, what is the spacing on those bolt-holes? It wouldn't happen to be ~3/4" or 1.5" (tek-lok spacing) would it??

Quick question: out of curiosity, what is the spacing on those bolt-holes? It wouldn't happen to be ~3/4" or 1.5" (tek-lok spacing) would it??

Dang it !! I didn’t even think Tek Lok ! Great idea for future sheaths :) They are 1” spaced if I recall. I’ll double check though and if other I’ll repost :)

Yup 1”

Dang it !! I didn’t even think Tek Lok ! Great idea for future sheaths :) They are 1” spaced if I recall. I’ll double check though and if other I’ll repost :)
Was just a thought. There is also a small size tek-lok that has holes spaced 1/2" and 1", and I think the Spyderco G-clip has the same.

As an additional thought, when I designed my UKE, I spaced the sheath-holes 3/4" o.c. for kydex sheaths but figured that someone might make leather sheaths like yours to which the UKE could be mounted as well, to let users switch around their carry style without having to go full kydex :cool: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/universal-kydex-sheath-extender-uke-2-0.1683794/

Got any on-edge shots so folk can see how thick they are?

Was just a thought. There is also a small size tek-lok that has holes spaced 1/2" and 1", and I think the Spyderco G-clip has the same.

As an additional thought, when I designed my UKE, I spaced the sheath-holes 3/4" o.c. for kydex sheaths but figured that someone might make leather sheaths like yours to which the UKE could be mounted as well, to let users switch around their carry style without having to go full kydex :cool: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/universal-kydex-sheath-extender-uke-2-0.1683794/

Got any on-edge shots so folk can see how thick they are?

Thank you for the info !!! I’ll have to order some for spacing
:)

I’ll post some edge shots shortly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back