Leather sheaths

Those of you that use the leather sheaths do you find that you get any type of wear marks on the front \top of the knife when inserting it into the sheath? Just curious and thanks for your replies.

Those of you that use the leather sheaths do you find that you get any type of wear marks on the front \top of the knife when inserting it into the sheath? Just curious and thanks for your replies.

Some. And I don’t mind. Also, I can’t be sure which part of the wear is due to the sheath or simple use (practically daily), e.g. running my thumb along the front/top while opening the blade.

EDIT: just noticed that you wrote “THE leather sheaths”. I suppose you mean the CRK ones? I haven’t used one but I believe the leather is very soft (softer than the leather on mine).

8607D515-7BB0-468C-98DD-215AFF129EFB.jpeg

I have one of the 2 snap leather sheaths (by Gfeller for CRK) which I use fairly regularly for my 4 CRK folders of various sizes (cool that you can do that with the 2 snap!). So far no wear on any of them. There's a thin leather patch glued over the snap on the inside of the sheath so your knife never touches metal. There is the possibility that the leather patch will eventually work loose and then I think you would get scratches or wear on the knife. Mine has curled slightly around the edges, but is still solidly in place after several years.

Thanks guys, not so sure I did a good job of describing the part of the knife I meant. Not so much the top, but the leading edge of the knife when being inserted into the sheath.
So it would be both slab edges forward of the pivot pin.
Just seems as if in the beginning with the leather not formed around the knife yet, it would "rub" more than after its broken in and formed.
I know this is a crazy thing to ask, I mean its leather against titanium. Pretty sure I know what will win. Lol I'm just curious, also wonder if you leftys get more snail trails cause of a wedding ring?

The things I ponder.

If you are referring to the CRK sheath, it is soft. I have been using mine for the past 6 years for my sabenza and they do wear the corners of the folder but I am pretty sure majority of the wear comes from handling/using it. Even the tip of the clip is showing. The sheath do follow the folder lines though. I do like this sheath as it does ride very well in the pocket.
JiuxgPz.jpg
HFSUg83.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, not so sure I did a good job of describing the part of the knife I meant. Not so much the top, but the leading edge of the knife when being inserted into the sheath.
So it would be both slab edges forward of the pivot pin.
Just seems as if in the beginning with the leather not formed around the knife yet, it would "rub" more than after its broken in and formed.
I know this is a crazy thing to ask, I mean its leather against titanium. Pretty sure I know what will win. Lol I'm just curious, also wonder if you leftys get more snail trails cause of a wedding ring?

The things I ponder.

I'm a Lefty, and snail trails from my wedding ring (tungsten) abound. I don't mind them though.

Back