Leatherman Juice series being discontinued

Hello folks I was look at the Leatherman website and it looks like their are Two Leatherman Juice models still in production.

The Leatherman Juice CS4 & The Leatherman Juice S2

Hello folks I was look at the Leatherman website and it looks like their are Two Leatherman Juice models still in production.

The Leatherman Juice CS4 & The Leatherman Juice S2
The last few times I’ve checked the cs4 was still available but the s2 was showing discontinued / unavailable. There might be a few still in dealer stores but they’re going fast.

I have never owned a Juice, but I have handled them in store a few times. I'm sure they can serve some people well, but they don't seem like a good option compared to the budget tools (Rev, Wingman, and Sidekick) for nearly the same size. The budget tools are less expensive, have more robust pliers, have one hand opening blades, and have pocket clips.

Again, if I remember correctly, the Juice line and the budget line are very similar in size. But everyone's needs and desires are different and some really like the Juice. I'm sure Nutnfancy on YouTube turned alot of people onto the Juice line back when he was more popular.

Could someone please post a comparison pic of a Juice with one of the budget tools?

PeaceInOurTime,

Those are very nice comparable multitools that you've mentioned. I can see how they might easily be a good substitute for the Juice Pro or XE6.

I can't post comparison pics, but I can give you comparative dimensions:

Juice Pro/XE6:
length - 3.25"
weight - 6.7 oz.

Sidekick:
length - 3.8"
weight - 6.9 oz.

Wingman:
length - 3.8"
weight - 6.9 oz.

Rev:
length - 3.8"
weight - 5.9 oz.

The juice is the most compact by a half inch which, to some, is significant. And still quite light. Speaking for myself, I love the solid feel of the Juice Pro. It's like a solid piece of steel or, better yet, like a roll of quarters holding it in my hand. Very comfortable with no sharp edges. Not to say that the Wingman, Sidekick, and Rev aren't very appealing. I wouldn't feel shortchanged by any of them. Still, I'm sorry to see the Juice XE6 go.

What is supposed to replace this size of pliers?
I was just looking at my collection, and I own six different variations of the Leatherman Juice. I found that they packed a lot of utility into a small package, but they were just a bit too small to be used comfortably. The only tool I really found useful was the scissors.
I'm a lot happier carrying the Skeletool. Same weight, but a lot more comfortable to use.

It is simply called the Leatherman Nylon Sheath Small. Some places call it the Nylon Snap Sheath small. Yea the original clip sheath left much to be desired. I think you will like this new one. It uses a belt loop.
I used to carry one, but I kept losing them because of the weak belt clip. I never did find a better solution, so I started carrying the Skeletool instead.

Having realized that there is only so much that one can pocket carry. I switched from a couple of SAKs to the Juice S2 or CS4 or XE6 as my pocket tools of choice.

Juices of various states can still be found on eBay.

The Skeletool is too spartan for me. Carrying around larger Multitool with bit sleeves does not work for pocket carry. I really don’t like the Batman Utility Belt Look (even after I found great belts on The Wilderness
Tactical Belts, Duty Belt, Military Belt, Instructor Belts)

Upshot is I plan to take care care of my Juice collection just as my SAK collection is in pretty good shape.

BTW - I do have larger multitools I take on day trips and longer.

I know that the Juice KF4 was discontinued well before the rest of the Juice lineup, but it's easily my favorite Juice model and I'm struggling to find a comparable alternative to it.

The closest thing I can think of would be a Rebar. It has a toolset which is very similar to the KF4. I own a Rebar and I like it, but it does have its flaws and it doesn't quite fill the same niche as the KF4. The Rebar is bigger than the KF4, it's heavier, it has no outside accessible tools, and it has some wicked hot spots that can really chew up your hand with extended use.

Does anyone happen to know of anything out there that is closer to the KF4 in terms of the tools and the design features?

Back