Leatherman Tools in hot water!

richardallen said:
... if there were two candidates, and one of them was pro gun control, and the other one against gun control, but advocates killing non-christians, I wonder if maybe he'd get enough votes just because of the gun control thing.
The gun control thing would give him the edge, but killing the non-Christians would probably give him a landslide victory.

Richard Allen, your post makes no sense to me. Who is advocating killing non Christians? You mean like the arms embargo France, Germany, and Britian insisted upon for the former Yugoslavia, which left the disenfranchised Moslem pop vulunerable to mass murder by 'Christian' groups? And what does this have to do with Kerry vs Bush? Also, Leatherman made this political by his adverstisement- opposing him is par.

People decide this for themselves- to buy or not to buy, to boycott or not, to vote or not. Linking that to murder is a disassociated leap.

munk

Leatherman makes great tools. I'm getting the new Charge Ti soon, sounds cool. It was a good letter and I think we should respect his personal standing. It was stupid to be public as a businessman, but as he said, he must not have considered that.

Bogart partially quoted that in some movie- name lost to my mind. Very good for you to place it. I would have expected Rusty to show up with the reference- that smart SOB remembers everything I've forgot. I really need to keep him on tap for my correspondance with the outside world.

Bush was a political weenie- he did not support the AWB in the sense he would fight for it. But if it landed on his desk, an impossibility in the current Repub controlled Congress, he'd sign it. Thus he had his cake and ate it too.

It wasn't noble, but better than an active anti gun Kerry. Remember, Bush's white house declared the Second an individiual Right, reversing Clinton's policy.

munk

Just wondering: How many of you all actually hunt? Seems like the main firearms conversation I hear here has to do with pistols and military knock offs with big magazines.

I'd be interested to know how many people actually use their guns to hunt versus just have them to have them? Not that there's anything wrong with just having them. But just it often seems to me some of the people who are the most pro gun are the least outdoorsy.

I'll start it out: I mainly deer hunt in gun season. I use a .35 Marlin and a 94 Sporterized 6.5X55 Mauser. Ms. Hollowdweller has a Marlin .44 lever gun and she actually has a 10/22 she squirrel hunts with.

munk said:
Remember, Bush's white house declared the Second an individiual Right, reversing Clinton's policy.

munk

Reversing Reagan's, Nixons, and every other president.

For me -with the Republicans in control of both houses this election- gun control was not an issue. But for those who that is their only issue I think that what Munk mentioned above gave them more reason to vote for Bush than any Republican president in the last 20 years.

I work around Semi's and Tractors and most drivers carry a multi tool. I see Leatherman and Gerbers the most. When I see one I always ask how the person likes it. Most like them both but I have heard more times that the Leatherman breaks the most. I have never heard of someone breaking a Gerber. My coworker carries a Gerber and he said it replace a leatherman after it broke on him twice. A long time ago when Sog came out with their "compound leverage" multi tool I bought one. I lent it to my friend who was a little skinny thing and he broke the jaws of the SOG!!! SOG replaced it no questions asked! I have not bought a SOG sence then but I will again as they have some nice tools and WAL-MART has them now for a nice price, hopefully the design is stronger now as the compound leverage thing creates super pressure, far more the the compition!. I have never had a problem with either my Leathermans or Gerbers.

I do like the idea the all Leathermans are 100% USA made. I think that was a good decision on Tims part and it shows that American manufactured good can be as cheep to make as somethinb made over seas.

My Gerber was made in America!

hollowdweller said:
Just wondering: How many of you all actually hunt? Seems like the main firearms conversation I hear here has to do with pistols and military knock offs with big magazines.

I'd be interested to know how many people actually use their guns to hunt versus just have them to have them? Not that there's anything wrong with just having them. But just it often seems to me some of the people who are the most pro gun are the least outdoorsy.

I'll start it out: I mainly deer hunt in gun season. I use a .35 Marlin and a 94 Sporterized 6.5X55 Mauser. Ms. Hollowdweller has a Marlin .44 lever gun and she actually has a 10/22 she squirrel hunts with.

It does not matter if a gun owner hunts or not! But a .223 AR-15 makes a great varment gun and small game gun and an AK-47 makes a nice deer gun(7.62x39).
The 2nd amendment is not about hunting and sports. It was put in place because we defeted our tyreney(spelling?) goverment (british) who tried to rule us with an iron hand. The founding fathers added the 2nd so that if the Goverment ever got to the point again that the British did we (the free citizens) could use our arms to rise up to fight/defeet our goverment(again)!
So it is our constitutional right to own any and all guns we want for that reason alone, to keep the goverment in line. Any ban on firearms in place today is against the constitution. I have never hurt anyone and never will I have never broked any laws and I'm a productive citizen so if I want a fully automatic M16, MP-5, M-60 I should be able to have that and millinos of Americans feel the same way!
Know guns know peace, no guns no peace. A goverment that disarms it's people had something to fear. America is a nation full of guns and our goverment has nothing to fear from us so why try to disarm us?

Just a couple FYI's about leatherman tools:
1.) The new generation tools have supposedly been beefed up in the jaw area to withstand twice as much force. Take it with a grain of salt for what it's worth.

2.) Leatherman has had to change slogan on his tools from "Leatherman USA" to "Leatherman Tool" or just "Leatherman" due to the fact that not every iddy biddy thing on the tool is made here in the USA and i think the blades are sharpened in china or something. i think it had something to do with Cali law that states in order for something to be "made in the USA" it has to be 100% made in the USA.

I'm not a real source of info on Leatherman stuff, but I remember hearing these two things in another forum.

Jake

SkagSig40 said:
It does not matter if a gun owner hunts or not! But a .223 AR-15 makes a great varment gun and small game gun and an AK-47 makes a nice deer gun(7.62x39).
The 2nd amendment is not about hunting and sports. It was put in place because we defeted our tyreney(spelling?) goverment (british) who tried to rule us with an iron hand. The founding fathers added the 2nd so that if the Goverment ever got to the point again that the British did we (the free citizens) could use our arms to rise up to fight/defeet our goverment(again)!
So it is our constitutional right to own any and all guns we want for that reason alone, to keep the goverment in line. Any ban on firearms in place today is against the constitution. I have never hurt anyone and never will I have never broked any laws and I'm a productive citizen so if I want a fully automatic M16, MP-5, M-60 I should be able to have that and millinos of Americans feel the same way!
Know guns know peace, no guns no peace. A goverment that disarms it's people had something to fear. America is a nation full of guns and our goverment has nothing to fear from us so why try to disarm us?

I take it from your response that you don't hunt :D

I agree that it doesn't matter and I would defend to the death your right to spend exorbitant sums on things that you will never use for a practical purpose unless the red hoards overun us ;)

cliff355 said:
which enabled me to make a low-drag leather sheath for my GRS. As a result, that GRS logged alot more miles this deer season than usual since I'm liking the hang of this sheath alot more than the scabbard.

Do you have a picture of the sheath?

There are at least two sides to every argument. For me, if the government doesn't want me to have something, then there's probably a good reason for me having one. Ben-Aroun probably stays on the coast cause there he's a flaming radical. In Nevada, he'd pretty much be close to average.

Nevada was behind Bush everywhere but in Clark County ( Vegas ). Several counties it was 4 to 1 Bush over Kerry. Nevadan's are ornery cusses.

Regardless, the USA is supposed to be governed by the consent of the people. The government's rights come from the people. A cop has no right to shoot or arrest anyone that doesn't come from the individual citzen's ability to do so.

PS: Bush won by 3&1/2 million votes. The NRA has 4 million members.

Rusty said:
There are at least two sides to every argument. For me, if the government doesn't want me to have something, then there's probably a good reason for me having one. Ben-Aroun probably stays on the coast cause there he's a flaming radical. In Nevada, he'd pretty much be close to average.

Nevada was behind Bush everywhere but in Clark County ( Vegas ). Several counties it was 4 to 1 Bush over Kerry. Nevadan's are ornery cusses.

Regardless, the USA is supposed to be governed by the consent of the people. The government's rights come from the people. A cop has no right to shoot or arrest anyone that doesn't come from the individual citzen's ability to do so.

Yep! That is true!

hollowdweller said:
I take it from your response that you don't hunt :D

I agree that it doesn't matter and I would defend to the death your right to spend exorbitant sums on things that you will never use for a practical purpose unless the red hoards overun us ;)

That is where you are wrong. I do hunt quiet a bit. I just went on my 1st Elk hunt this year but I mostly do bird hunting and varmit hunting. I own an AK-47, AR-15, STG58 FAL, SIG GSR SIG 229 and 239, Springfield XD.....I also own believe it or not a Browning Superposed 12 guage, Winshester Model 12 20 guage, SAKO Forester .243, Winchester 70 .243, Marlin .308 and 30-06 and sever other "hunting" guns along with a few military rifels. :D ;)

Rusty said:

Nevada rocks! They also have legalized prostitution right? I say anything you do that doesn't hurt someone else should not be against the law. Including guns.

Although the press probably would not admit it I think the NRA played a much larger role in Bush's election than the religious folks.

The one reason I am no longer a member of the NRA is at least here locally, is if a democrat with a 100% NRA approval runs against a republican of unknown gun control credentials they will often side with the Republican. Although my congressman, a Democrat with a strong labor and environmental record also is one of the top recipients of NRA pac money ;)

SkagSig40 said:
That is where you are wrong. I do hunt quiet a bit. I just went on my 1st Elk hunt this year but I mostly do bird hunting and varmit hunting. I own an AK-47, AR-15, STG58 FAL, SIG GSR SIG 229 and 239, Springfield XD.....I also own believe it or not a Browning Superposed 12 guage, Winshester Model 12 20 guage, SAKO Forester .243, Winchester 70 .243, Marlin .308 and 30-06 and sever other "hunting" guns along with a few military rifels. :D ;)

Good deal!!! I'd love to go elk hunting! We don't have them here. I like the idea of all that meat with just one shot.

Back