Leatherman Warranty: What To Expect?

I called Leatherman's warranty department today and spoke to a nice woman named Cindy. I told her about my Wave. It's been in service as a firefighting tool for a few years, and I gave her a list of what's wrong with it. Loose pliers, broken blade, dull serrated blade, worn-out file, missing bits, etc. Every tool on it, except the can opener, has an issue from use. She said to send it in. I asked if it would be repaired or replaced, and she said it would likely be replaced by a remanufactured Wave. I sent it in today. USPS Priority Mail, insured, with Delivery Confirmation. It should be there on Wednesday (the 8th). How is Leatherman's service? Any comments on the remanufactured tools? Turn-around time?

Last edited:
I just used their warranty service on a Juice model. I live in Portland, so I was able to go into their retail store. They swapped my broken tool for a new in box tool. I would expect for them to do the same with yours. they do have a spot on their warranty form if you don't want a new tool and want them to refurbish as best as they can.

The two times I've sent knives in it was less than ten days turnaround. Both times they sent me refurbished tools, but they looked like new. Don't worry you're in good hands;)

I just used their warranty service on a Juice model. I live in Portland, so I was able to go into their retail store. They swapped my broken tool for a new in box tool. I would expect for them to do the same with yours. they do have a spot on their warranty form if you don't want a new tool and want them to refurbish as best as they can.

The spot on the form isn't to reject a new tool, it's to let them know it's sentimental, and not to replace it if they can't repair it.

Depending on what's wrong they will either repair or replace it. Most recently the replaced the spring on my scissors for my squirt PS4. I sent it off and got it back in about 1 to 2 weeks. You should not have a problem, they have excellent customer service.

Leatherman's warranty is great. You should have your wave back very soon.

I sent my Wave in yesterday. Shipping was just over $8. No complaints. I carried my Blast today, until the Wave makes it back. Well, the small tab on the lock broke, and now the Blast has tools that just flop around on one side. So, another $8 spent on shipping back to Leatherman. Any my Squirt PS4 came up missing :mad:

You seem to be having a rough time with leathermans.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

Not really. Of the dozens I've owned, these (and a broken PSTII years ago) are the only problems I've ever had. The Gerber MP600, which was issue in the military, failed a lot in use. I bought my first Leatherman off the PX because the Gerber was so bad.

UPDATE:

Well, it appears USPS has lost my package. The package was supposed to be delivered on the 8th. The original post on the website said that package was delivered, then changed a couple hours later to "Delivery status not updated". No tracking updates have been posted since the 9th, and the postal manager said it's most likely been lost and they will have to speak to the carrier. I'll have to file an insurance claim, which will take 6-8 weeks to complete. So, it was marked as delivered, then changed, and no updates since then. Great.

Tracking number 0310 3200 0001 0618 3747

Got a package from Leatherman today. Included was a note saying my Wave was replaced with a remanufactured one. The dates on the handles are 0412 and 0512, so it was made this year. Everything looks and works great, except the scissors. They lock out as they should, but when I go to press in (as if using the scissors) the spring jumps over the moving arm and just gets stuck there. I needed another tool to get it to move again. After trying to bend the spring a little bit, it's better, but it's still not snappy and sometimes gets stuck.

I'm not spending another $8 to send this back in; between the first Wave, the Blast, and now this (if I were to send it in) that's $24 in shipping. I can buy a new Squirt PS4, Kick, or used Blast for that much. Not happy.

sent my c2 juice on the 15 of jan 2013 as some parts were coming lose and falling out i recived a brand new juice today 28 jan 2013
leatherman i am well impressed :)

I have sent in varies leathermans that were used over the years. They were fixed and mailed back to me the same day they got them

My Charge Ti had developed lose pliers after years of use. I sent it in and got a brand new Charge TTi in a tin-box and a t-shirt as well :) Couldn´t be happier!

Back