Leatherman's new Ratchet Driver

I don't have one, but it seems like a great idea.

ETA: My only issue with it is that attachments kind of start to degrade the idea of a multitool, in that if I'm going to carry multiple things anyway, I could carry an $8 ratcheting Neiko bit driver with a $4 bit extender.

ETA: My only issue with it is that attachments kind of start to degrade the idea of a multitool, in that if I'm going to carry multiple things anyway, I could carry an $8 ratcheting Neiko bit driver with a $4 bit extender.
Agreed. It's kind of hard to imagine a scenario where someone who needs a ratcheting driver only has their Leatherman available to use. I have a ST300 and I got the bit card extension but even those seem a little extra.

Funny, I've had some ideas on a redesign of the Skeletool - put a Neiko ratchet in the space where the carabiner is. On the other handle would be stowage for a bit extender and the blade would be removed.
I think there is enough space and thickness to significantly beef up the ratcheting mechanism compared to the Neiko.
I'd even pay them if they implemented my idea.

I am beginning to wonder with all the add ons..:rolleyes: Doesn't it kind of defeat the whole reason for this??? :eek:
John

I am beginning to wonder with all the add ons..:rolleyes: Doesn't it kind of defeat the whole reason for this??? :eek:
John
I hear ya John, but when I got the original wave with bit adapter back around 2000ish, when I worked as an electrician, I used the hell out of it, my fellow electricians where always hitting me up to borrow it. I had taylored the bits for the most frequent uses on that particular job. Lost it on the job site about a year later and was really disappointed. The reason it worked so well was because we were quite a ways from the job shack and as well as we thought we were prepared to have the right REAL tools, that wave just proved so useful time after time and the bit adapter was the star attraction. That said, had it been a ratchet...even better:cool:

Now those days are long gone but man I'm a sucker when I see something I know will be useful. My tool requirements today are no where what they were back then but still this will have a definite use when we are on delivery. A major part of our furniture comes knocked down and I feel in a pinch this will be a real plus. I'll give it a whirl and see if it's useful:thumbsup:

Mine arrived today so I used it while assembling furniture, no doubt about it, this is Leatherman quality and color me impressed:cool: I don't know the tooth count but it has to be high as the turn ratio is awesome:thumbsup: I just had my Skeletool but would prefer to use it in my Wave plus:thumbsup:
ow2W0J.jpg

Pe8Zal.jpg

Mine arrived today so I used it while assembling furniture, no doubt about it, this is Leatherman quality and color me impressed:cool: I don't know the tooth count but it has to be high as the turn ratio is awesome:thumbsup: I just had my Skeletool but would prefer to use it in my Wave plus:thumbsup:
ow2W0J.jpg

Pe8Zal.jpg
Well there you go, I don't have an extension rod. Might have to consider 1. They aren't available here yet.
Thanks for sharing mate.

Back