LED recomendations

Hey all.
I'm one of the local lurkers around most parts. Been giving myself a good run around on LED lights too (despite searching old threads and product pages).

Can anyone recomend an LED pocket light with following criteria.
-able to last up to 14 days lit
-suitable for EDC
-not painfully expensive (relative but just use your best judgement)

I'm a novice on the subject by most standards and looking for a first LED for a guanch line kit.

I thank you all in advance, I may not be able to reply to this thread for much time. I do apreciate any assistance given.

14 days on?? Well I would recommend an Eternalight Ergo(uses 3 AA batteries), or one of the other models(Derringer is smaller, uses AAA batteries). I have an Ergo myself, nice little light. If I set it to 1 LED on, it will run for over 2500 hours. If I put lithium batteries in it, it would float. Neat little LED lights. I don't know if you consider it pocketsized, but it will fit in a pocket, but probably not like you want it to. You might consider the belt pouch for it.
Here is a link to the website: www.techass.com

Blades

A single old style white 5mm LED configured to run at full rated 20mA will run just about that long, maybe a few days longer, on 3 D cells!

The Eternalight probably pulses the current to make the perceived usable light greater than the average light to make the thing run that long.

Yeah, EDC is the killer, otherwise I'd reccommend the Lightwave 4000 or lightwave 3000.

The low power Peak may run that long. Maybe the red LED.
The Ergo runs about $30.00 at the above website.

Blades

I think the 14 days lit requirement is kinda stretching it. It's do-able, I'm sure, but I don't know how much usable light you're going to have in an average flashlight. .

I like the princton tec attitude, it's a 3 led small flashlight that is very bright. I don't know exactly how long the batteries will last but I no longer use maglights.

I also recommend the garrity 2 led headlamp. I use that to read in bed amoungst other things and the batteries are still good. The headlamp has performed much better than the princeton tec and petzel small headlamps I have tried. The batteries will last a few months using it on and off, I don't know about 14 solid days. I use mine every night though. Hope this helps.

Back