• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Leethal Cutlery

bhyde

UNNECESSARY EVIL
Staff member
Super Mod
Making this as an informational post.

On 5/22, I was contacted by a few concerned members of some fishy looking behaviors on the Exchange. Specifically, the Chris Reeve Knives for sale subforum.

The initial red flags pointed out;

1) Using stock photos to sell an item. With nearly every phone having a camera there really isn't a good excuse for not having your own photos and either upload here or a photohost such as IMGUR. If you can't take a photo, you probably should hold off on listing rather than draw out suspicion. "I was at work" will probably not cut it for me if I am looking to buy your doohickey.

2) You are free to use whatever form of payment people are willing to send but be aware of payments that have little to no recourse. This one requested "Apple Pay, Zelle, money order, check" and we can add "Venmo" to that list. He gives an excuse in one listing that Paypal shut down his account for selling gun parts. In another listing he says "Paypal decided to close my account for selling a phone after not selling anything for a while and keep my money for 180 days so I can only accept Zelle, Apple Pay, Cash app, Money Order, or check. So here it goes...."
Clearly, a conflicting story.

3) Needs fast cash- Hey, you know..I personally understand that; Been there and done that..but not with the first two red flags listed here.

4) Business link to his website shut down- Facebook link to his business shut down. Not huge to forget something like that, but just one more flag if you are paying attention.

The above are only red flags that would have kept me from buying and researching anyone I was going to buy from..Then came a link from another forum from a few sleuths with what seems to be an issue with the same person- Name match to one listed in Leethal Cutlery's own sig line "Mason Leeth". ( DFW area Texas; IP resolves to Burleson, Tx)
This is not something I would typically do in linking to another forum but it's germane to the current situation and the single biggest reason why Leethal has been banned. The evidence was cumulative and a precaution to keep the same from happening here.

https://forum.snipershide.com/threa...HPDGedN4QEfVl4icfZqMXds2ieJ0uscbmR8885gdX9Iho

I am not going to put links to the sales that he had on BF at this time. They are fairly easy to find with the search.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing!

Could you please also post this thread in the GBU as well? There's probably a decent amount of folks that go there for these types of threads yet rarely if ever come to this forum.

Again, much appreciated for sharing and also a thanks to the sneaky sleuths. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Looks like the move was made as I was typing up my post. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing!

Could you please also post this thread in the GBU as well? There's probably a decent amount of folks that go there for these types of threads yet rarely if ever come to this forum.

Again, much appreciated for sharing and also a thanks to the sneaky sleuths. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Looks like the move was made as I was typing up my post. Thanks!

Sorry about that- Started it in the wrong place to begin with. Running on fumes for the past while.

Yes thank you! He almost got me. The amount of feedback, 32 plus I think almost got me to buy, but I thought it was weird too about the PayPal issue. I was close and it’s a great reminder to be diligent. So sad it happened on the CRK sales thread as well. That’s my favorite place.

On a side note, the police officer in me always tries to talk to people on the phone as well. See what they are like. I have had numerous conversations with super nice people here on BF......and the people I’ve talked to have always done me right.

I’ve had two transactions with Mason. Both were positive experiences. The things posted about in the op are suspicious but he’s been a stand-up guy in my experience.

Just a quick correction, money orders don't have little to no recourse. Screwing around with money orders is mail fraud, which is a federal felony. The feds tend to get small time crooks on the straight and narrow.

May have happened to myself and another memeber on Glocktalk.com

Different item, same story. After I sent the USPS MO and ammo Indid a search and found this thread. Doesn't look good.

Just a quick correction, money orders don't have little to no recourse. Screwing around with money orders is mail fraud, which is a federal felony. The feds tend to get small time crooks on the straight and narrow.
I will never get over peoples infatuation with USPS money orders and the "ironclad postal inspector shield of invincibility" folks think it infers.
Straight up hilarious...

I would start with the link below. I would also contact law enforcement in his area. It may take some time and effort but it's better than chalking it up to a loss and doing nothing. Communicate with as many people you can find that got scammed here and at Glocktalk, Snipershide etc. The more that file complaints, your more likely to see action.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw02vFNrU8FATgja712y4Ics&cshid=1559354700996

I will never get over peoples infatuation with USPS money orders and the "ironclad postal inspector shield of invincibility" folks think it infers.
Maybe, but I know with firearms it's a damn good idea. :thumbsup: Sort of like the drugs/firearms combo means BIG trouble. :mad:

Back